Interview concern

<p>I applied for an accounting/ office assistant Job. The job has you doing bookeeping and office duties. So the guy from the firm calls me and talks with me about my resume. He says is this the only experience you have. He know that I just got my B.S degree. I said yes, I only had 3 months of experience at Vita as tax prep volunteer. He says that's fine, I'm going to have our head bookeeper email you with some accounting questions as well as your quickbooks knowledge. The guy told me that the head bookeeper would email me with questions and if they were satisfactory, he would bring me in for an interview. The head bookeeper emailed me and I responded to the questions. The following day the guy called me in for an interview. I came to my interview it seemed to go well. He even showed me around the office afterwards. He wanted me to meet one of the partners, but the partner wasn't available and he wasn't sure when he would be back that day. So he just told me that either he would call me or I could call him to make arrangements to come in and meet his partner. Well I met with one of the partners Friday for my 1st interview. I still haven't met with the other partner. So I called yesterday Tuesday twice and the receptionist said he wasn't available, so on my 3rd call I left him a voicemail. Now today a day after my voicemail, I never heard back. So I emailed him a couple hours ago and never heard back via email. Bear in mind all the partners get busy as it is a busy firm, but still. Am I being paranoid thinking that something is not right here.</p>

<p>Sounds like you are just bugging out. Lol</p>

<p>anyone with any advice?</p>

<p>He's probably just busy and will get in contact with you when he have time. I wouldn't be to worried.</p>

<p>It takes time. It is normal not to hear back for a couple of days. Hiring an accountant/ office assistant is the last thing on the partner's mind. Also, you should keep in mind they get hundreds of emails everyday. You can try calling again later today or tomorrow.</p>

<p>"He wanted me to meet one of the partners, but the partner wasn't available and he wasn't sure when he would be back that day. So he just told me that either he would call me or I could call him to make arrangements to come in and meet his partner. Well I met with one of the partners Friday for my 1st interview. I still haven't met with the other partner. So I called yesterday Tuesday twice and the receptionist said he wasn't available, so on my 3rd call I left him a voicemail. Now today a day after my voicemail, I never heard back. So I emailed him a couple hours ago and never heard back via email. Bear in mind all the partners get busy as it is a busy firm, but still. Am I being paranoid thinking that something is not right here. "</p>

<p>You interviewed on Friday, they told you they would call you or you could call them for further arrangements. Then you called them 3 times (!) on tuesday, left a voicemail, emailed him, and are upset that he hasnt responded to your 2 hour old email?!? and your one day old voicemail? </p>

<p>They are probably busy and will get back to you. You are being paranoid. Nothing probably was wrong. However, if you keep contacting them, that could change. </p>

<p>WAIT for him to call you. If they still havent called within a couple weeks, then go ahead and reach out.</p>

<p>Well its Friday afternoon, I haven't called/emailed since Wednesday. However, I still haven't heard back. Which is odd since he claimed they were looking to fill the position quickly. I applied through Craigslist. Also I saw an ad that was posted on craigslist this past tuesday a couple day after my interview, that was 95% the same in terms of wording of the ad. So it makes me wonder if they reposted their ad with slightly different wording.</p>

<p>At this point I think you are still paranoid. It's fine to follow up on them, but there's a limit to that. If they are truly interested in you then they should give you a call back. I would wait at least a week before giving them another call. The worst scenario is that they hired someone else. Best of luck!</p>

<p>bump,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,</p>

<p>At this point, I think you're going to have to cut your losses and look elsewhere.</p>