Intl question

<p>Hello,
I am applying to MIT Math Department, i studied in one of the best my country's math school. Math is my passion. And judging by my friends/teachers opinions i am talented in math.
I think i have great math teacher recommendation, also i have a math project(algebraic geometry), i attended all possible special math courses in my school(linear algebra, differential equations, topology, semigroup theory...) and successfully passed exams on them. But there is a huge BUT! I failed my sat subject test(600+) and do not have an opportunity to retake. There are two reasons for my failure: first time took SAT, and our school do not use tests to measure our knowledge(my EC will mention this). How should i explain this to MIT? Do i have a chance with such a low testing results?</p>

<p>I'm sure if you've taken linear algebra, diff eq'ns, topology and semigroup theory (I don't even know what the last two are..), MIT should know that you're really knowledgeable and interested in that field. </p>

<p>I'd definitely apply. From what I know, MIT takes January SAT's. In terms of explaining, it's difficult as you should have taken adequate practice before so just make sure the rest of your application really stands out.</p>

<p>Thx man. +5 to confidence.
Any other opinions?</p>

<p>Dude SAT scores aren't everything. Passion is above all. Write passionate essays, show them why you love Math, why are you so interested in this field.
The topics you mentioned show that you really love Math, so I'd just say be passionate about that. Your essays must make you stand out.
Go for it, and good luck.</p>

<p>I am still wondering why you didnt practice beforehand though? You seem really good in math :/
Also, my friend visited MIT and they said they recognize the SAT system is flawed</p>