intro cs course no experience

<p>I want to take some cs courses just for kicks, but I have no experience with programming. On the off-chance that I want to pursue a cs minor, I was thinking of webcasting cs10 over the summer, then actually taking cs61a in the fall. I also plan on flipping through some online python tutorials, just so I can fiddle with blender. </p>

<p>Will I be adequately prepared for cs61a or should I just start with cs10?</p>

<p>your username bugs me... you meant "isosceles," right? o-0 </p>

<p>and yes, that sounds like a good plan. some people just jump to cs61a anyway even without taking cs10 and just catch on. so you'd be well prepared, methinks.</p>

<p>There's not much actual programming in CS10, but it is a good course if you want a very broad and fairly non-technical introduction to the field of computer science.</p>

<p>Lawl I'm not a triangle.</p>

<p>So cs10 is more exploratory than useful, per se?</p>

<p>^ isosceles trapezoids never get the love...</p>

<p>You can preview CS 61A webcasts on-line.</p>

<p>You can read both the current books, Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs and Simply Scheme on the web (free, legally). You can also read a likely book for next semester, Dive Into Python 3, on the web (free, legally).</p>

<p>You can download the Scheme and Python 3 interpreters for installation on your computer (free, legally), so that you can do the examples and exercises in the books.</p>

<p>Do this over the summer in preparation for CS 61A.</p>

<p>Hey I'm in the same boat as you! I would suggest taking the self-study CS3S course for the first few chapters instead. After you get the hang of it, you can move to cs61a. Just search on google for 'cs3s self pacer' and a self study site with all the necessary resources should come online. And you can also use a scheme interpreter online, personally I use Biwascheme but anything that works is fine. And if u dun understand anything, just use the text book which is on the cs61a homepage.</p>