Intro to Programming

<p>Since the Interp class i wanted to take was full I'm considering taking Intro to Programming. I wanted to know if the class is difficult for someone who has no programming experience whatsoever. Also what does the class usually consist of?</p>

<p>What's your major?</p>

<p>The class is not difficult if you are at all technologically inclined. I am an English major and had no trouble snagging a B, even taking it with Kosbie in the advanced group. You should be just fine. :)</p>

<p>That said, if you are looking for the "learning experience/boot camp experience", take it with Kosbie. If you just want to learn basic programming, take it with Feinberg. </p>

<p>Topics covered include basic data types through 2d arrays, methods, and other small CS basics. I know we learned recursion and big-O notation but I can't remember if that was on the final exam or if that was just Kosbie being Kosbie.</p>

<p>haha alright, and I plan on majoring in mechanical engineering although I am thinking about ECE</p>

<p>If you want a hard class with a lot of work but a really easy final, take Kosbie. If you want a medium level work good prep for final, then take Feinberg. Everyone else, besides someone I forget (Roberts?) is pretty easy but not that good prep for the Final.</p>

<p>how do you know which interp classes are full if engineers don't do their schedules till aug 2nd?</p>

<p>you can use <a href="https://acis.as.cmu.edu/cio/%5B/url%5D"&gt;https://acis.as.cmu.edu/cio/&lt;/a> to guage how full classes are. sometimes people will be on the waitlist, but you can still get in because that class has reserved spots for your major</p>

<p>why have I not seen that yet? thanks!</p>

<p>A student should post that info on FB CIT group....</p>

<p>That would be really helpful for others who didn't know about this class size/available list.</p>

<p>When I got on this morning, Feinberg is not listed as an instructor anymore and it has TBA for the sections that previously had Feinberg. Anyone know whats going on?</p>

<p>It's possible that they're getting someone like Cortina to take over more sections. They did that first semester of last year. Hopefully they're not obligatorily imposing Kosbie on everyone. ;)</p>

<p>@LuvBoston, I am under that category-- i think its 15-110 lecture 3? it was listed as feinberg before but now its not. Im concerned what teacher i would get</p>

<p>Feinberg is not teaching 15-110 this semester anymore.</p>

<p>I believe he's being replaced by a new hire.</p>

<p>The schedule now lists Fossati as teaching. Is this a new hire or has anyone heard of him?</p>