Inventis

<p>I was recently invited to the inventis program, and I was wondering if anyone here had any experiences with the program or had some comments on it.</p>

<p>my friend is in it... he basically told me that they have a class every week with different speakers in the engineering department or from companies and stuff.... One major thing that I think the program offers is a mentor with a facutly member, so at the end of your time at umd, you can get an awesome recommendation from a faculty member(his happens to be the chair of the civil engineering department or whatever its called).. I turned it down because I knew almost nothing about it, its probably worth it though just for having a mentor...</p>

<p>Do you know the Inventis program for ECE students? Thanks.</p>

<p>I think its all the same program, all engineering majors are in it. There is just a class that meets on like Tuesday or Wednesday night. That's when different people come and lecture and stuff like that. This is the website.. Inventis:</a> Academy of Engineering Leadership, USRP, Clark School of Engineering, University of Maryland You can get some information there..</p>

<p>Hi, I got accepted to Inventis for chem eng. If I choose UMD, I would like to take the pre-med requirements (some med schools don't accept AP credits so I will have to take a higher level course of my AP credit), the courses needed for the Honors designation, get a chem eng degree, and take at least one elective. Would doing Inventis as well be too much?</p>

<p>Also, does anybody know if you get a choice in who your mentor is? One particular guy that is listed as a chem eng Inventis mentor has research I am interested in.</p>