Is a 2-example essay enough to get a 12?

<p>It's really difficult to crank out 3 examples in 25 min, so I tried writing only 2 this time. Is this essay acceptable?</p>

<p>And what would you score it as?</p>

<p>"Should heroes be defined as people who say what they think when we ourselves lack the courage to say it?"</p>

<p>Those who speak out on behalf of others and risk their one social status in the community are considered true heroes because theey are willing to sacrifice themselves for a greater cause. As seen in history and literature, the act of speaking out truly takes courage and empowers others to follow.</p>

<p>One example of a hero in history who faced disapproval from the male-dominated literary community as a result of her speaking out is Mary Wollstonecraft. She was a writer during the Enlightenment period who instigated the feminist movement that would reach its climax in the 20th century. Prejudiced by men, women at the time held almost subservient positions in society. They were seen as domestic figures whose only responsibilities were to tend to the children and engage in "feminine" activities such as music. On the most part, education was not available to women. Wollstonecraft wrote an essay titled "The Vindication of the Rights of Womn" to express her and other women's grievances toward the biased, male-dominated society. She is a true heroine because she inspired others after her to express their opinions concerning the rights of women. By writing what she thought, Wollstonecraft can be considered the mother of the successful feminist ovement that eventually brough women today equal rights as men. </p>

<p>From literature, "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand is a dystopian novel in which Howard Roark, the protagonist, expresses his ideas of originality, second-handing (otherwise known as "mooching" or sycophancy), and art-form at risk of being ostracized by other architects and losing his career. In court, Roark explains his motives for destroying a housing project. Although most people in the jury have already had preconceived notions of Roark from the media, he speaks out on behalf of his fellow artists and himself of the meaning of true work and the purpose of men. As a result, Roark won the case and inspired artists, like Steven Mallory, to pursue their profession without limiting themselves to society's expectations. Hence, Roark is a hero for his courage and inspiration in others.</p>

<p>As seen from these examples, heroes, indeed, are defined by their courage and self-sacrifice in speaking out on behalf of those who lack the voice to do so. Braving dangers and protecting others are heroic traits not only limited to the physical.</p>

<p>Most SAT prep classes suggest doing only 2 examples. Start with your strongest one.</p>

<p>2 is fine...besides, most of your points come from essay length, followed by spelling, followed by content..the SAT essay is a joke for the most part.</p>

<p>Thanks, will do. Can someone give a grade for this essay?</p>

<p>In the SAT, I wrote a complete essay with 2 examples, but I ran out of time before I could finish the last sentence of the conclusion. And I got an 11. I have no idea why my essay scored so high.</p>

<p>I would say this would get an 11 for sure, sorry I can't tell if it will earn a 12, it probably will due to length.</p>