Is a 250 increase possible for Otober?

<p>Hey you guys. I got my sat results yesterday and i got an 1850. I want to eventually get a 2100 in october. Is that possible?
Im looking to increase my math from a 650 to 700 range. I have the Gruber's. And i have to seriously improve my reading from a 550 to 650. I've got the direct hits. And for writing, i got a 650. In my practice tests i always scored a 700+. I'm good in this section but i find that i don't do well in it when i'm under pressure :( </p>

<p>Is a 250 increase possible for the october sat? And it would be helpful if all you geniuses gave me inputs and tips to achieve this goal. </p>

<p>Thank you in advance! And congrats to everybody who is happy with their score :)</p>

<p>*October. Sorry</p>

<p>Definitely. A lot of people are trying to improve 100-200 pts over the summer.</p>

<p>yeah i'm with you! let's try to get our 550's to 650s over the summer! what Gruber's book do you have? I have one, but i'm not sure if it is the one everyone says is good for math</p>

<p>Of course you can improve more than 250 points.</p>

<p>For the differece from the practice tests, try to apply the same actual test conditions.</p>

<p>I really, really, really like Barron's for math. It's a <em>lot</em> harder than the real test, but it makes the actual test almost relaxing. =) To give you some idea: I was scoring in the low-mid 600s on Barron's and ended up with an 800 on the real thing. </p>

<p>Gruber's is nice too, but the questions aren't as hard. I think I ended up doing all the practice tests in both Barron's and Gruber's (just the math sections, so it only took like an hour to an hour and a half each.) Just make sure you go back after each test to go over every problem you missed (and, if possible, try and figure it out without the explanations the book gives you- it'll help you remember how to do that sort of problem better so you can get it right the next time.)</p>

<p>But yeah, I think it's possible. Good luck!</p>

<p>As for me, I need to take more tests under timed conditions and not so much "learn" new material or look at review books. So for your case, I would just suggest opening up a review book and doing writing sections until you consistently score around 700's (or what ever you are aiming for).</p>

<p>Thanks alot guys, for the encouragement. Y'all rock! </p>

<p>Camille312- YES let's do it! I have the Gruber's Complete SAT guide 2010. Hopefully that's the one which is good for math? </p>

<p>Happilyhelen- Alright, i shall practice math from the barrons book as well. Thank you :) </p>

<p>Wongton & Zosilo- You guys i did the practice test in real test conditions and got 700~ consistently :( I don't know why i got a 650 this time in the actual one. Hope that changes next time!</p>

<p>you can for sure get it. with my first 2 sat scores, i got a 'superscore' of an 1830. All my highest scores came in the third time i took it and i got a 2090. and it looks like you have a better starting point than i did :)</p>

<p>Bocho6, that's an amazing improvement indeed! Congrats! And it's very encouraging too :) </p>

<p>I need to improve cr, mainly. Any tips? :)</p>

<p>yes i have Gruber's Complete Guide, too! :) It's supposed to be great for math, I'm finding it challenging..</p>