Is a high school average of 95% strong enough?

<p>Mostly AP and Honors courses</p>

<p>Depends on what that GPA means in terms of ranking in your school.</p>

<p>We do not do GPA it is all about the class average, but I have a 4.0 weighted.</p>

<p>High school average = GPA. What does your average put you at in terms of class rank?</p>

<p>But where does that put you compared to your peers? Chances are it wouldn't be inhibitive on its own, but if you're well outside the top 10%, then maybe, depending on how students at your school historically do in college placement (at my school, most students who attend Brown are outside the top 10%, whereas at some other schools, that would make it incredibly difficult to get in). So much depends on what you've done <em>in the context of your high school,</em> and we don't have access to that information.</p>

<p>School doesn't report rank
The valedictorian for example had a 105%
My school sends students to the Ivy League all the time
Public, best school in the state</p>

<p>If that gives you any information</p>

<p>@Jersey13
GPA= Grade Point Average. That doesn't specify a low A from a high A. But this system does.</p>

<p>How does your score compare to the students being sent to top colleges? It sounds like it's not too low, but a higher score would not hurt. Other hooks/awards/excellent recs, test scores and essays would be needed, regardless, but it doesn't sound like your average would keep you out.</p>

<p>I have received: </p>

<p>6 academic/sports awards- junior year
6 academic awards- sophomore year
3 academic awards- freshman year</p>

<p>leadership positions and volunteer spokesperson for antidrug programs
black female</p>

<p>
[Quote]
@Jersey13
GPA= Grade Point Average. That doesn't specify a low A from a high A. But this system does.

[/Quote]

How a GPA is determined is different at every school, and not every GPA disregards low A/high A differences. For example, my school's GPA goes on a 0-100 percentage scale. </p>

<p>Anyways, do many students at your school have ~100% or higher and roughly how many go to T20 institutions?</p>