Swarthmore is slightly above AU and GWU.
George Washington and American University would be tied for second.
Penn State being only slightly below them, but an entirely different atmosphere.
Temple is in a tier below Penn State.</p>
<p>Where would I attend?
- Not Swarthmore: Too small, it's the size of my high school at 1,500 undergrads. Also because their career center is not rated as high, and I would lose out to DC graduates who had anywhere between 2 and 11 internships during their four years.
- Not GWU: Has no campus, dorms are expensive, and I am a Political Science Major. If I wanted to go for Engineering/PreMed/Hard Sciences, I would attend here.
- AU: It's where I would go, top ranked career center, most politically active campus, and top ranked Communication, International Relations, and Political Science -- as well as an active and engaged alumni base.
- Not Penn State: Too Big and relatively isolated -- I would only come here if I was a business major.
- Not Temple: I just wouldn't. Not academically on par, in a relatively sketchy area of Philly, prepares people for grad school but not the real world.</p>