Is it Best to Take the Easy Class or the Interesting Class?

<p>I am a freshman in my second semester at a very large public university. My major is Art Studio so I must take Art History because its required. The Art history class has several options. The first is about Art History from the Prehistoric era all the way to the middle ages the second one is about art history in Africa, Oceania and the Americas.</p>

<p>I was told by many students the professor that teaches the class about prehistoric art history is a very good teacher and a easy grader. Most of her students get A's. The second professor that lectures about Art History from African Oceania and the Americas is considered a good professor but is extremely strict and very tough grader (I heard this from two students). Only one fourth of her students get A's in the class. However, other professors and faculty says she is a very bright, and excellent professor who knows a great deal about the subject. </p>

<p>Both professors are the only ones for the class so I cannot choose a different professor who teaches the same class.</p>

<p>Is it better to choose the easier professor in less interesting class or the harder professor in a intriguing class?</p>

<p>Depends on your values, for me I want the easy one :) and b/c African Art sounds very uninteresting.</p>

<p>1) How interested are you in Art History?
2) Do you think you will be bored by the first class because of the ease?
3) How difficult is your schedule?</p>

<p>It's tough, because the easy class also has a good teacher. I think those are the relevant factors. Unless you are fairly interested in art history and your schedule is fairly light, take the first class. But the second one isn't bad considering who you are.</p>

<p>Definitely take the easy one.</p>

<p>I'd take the one you consider more interesting (the harder one). Chasing after the professors who teach best or are easiest doesn't make much sense once you know what you're planning to major in and have identified your interests...You're missing out on learning about what you actually care about, for no real reason.</p>

<p>Also
[quote]
Only one fourth of her students get A's in the class.

[/quote]
is quite a lot of A's, unless the art history folks are especially knowledgable in their field and I just didn't know. But a 25% A distribution is fairly generous compared to most classes I've taken.</p>

<p>Most important: Don't chase professors you like. Chase subjects you like. If you're chasing a professor, you better be doing it near the end of your college experience and mainly for networking purposes.</p>