Is it better to have NO friends in college than to have friends?

<p>In college, are you the person that says “let me be alone”, or are you a sociable person?</p>

<p>The former, because I’m very shy and it causes me to act in ways that alienate most people. I have one close friend, which is infinitely better than having none, but I don’t feel like I need more. </p>

<p>I prefer sociable, but once in a while I need to tell everyone to get lost. I think I’ve found my balance though</p>

<p>I would say that it makes things easier to have friends (granted if you’re comfortable and they’re not the drama type). The more people around you the more information that comes through you - which is always useful. </p>

<p>Although honestly even acknowledging this I still lead a “loner” life for the most part. I’m pretty shy and feel like its so difficult to make friends that will just accept you for who you are anymore - so I feel like being alone is easier.</p>

<p>I’m far from the most sociable person on campus but I have my group of friends. The love of 60’s-80’s rock unite us. </p>

<p>I think it’s pretty important for all people to have at least some friends. I’m shy myself but I don’t have a problem talking to a few friends every once in a while. The key for me is to have a small group of friends. Large numbers don’t go well with me. It also helps that my friends are just like me. My friends are also quiet people so neither of us feel timid around each other. Not trying to sound like I’m with a group of losers…lol</p>

<p>I’m not a social butterfly, but I’m also not super shy. I definitely need my alone time and much prefer to be in smaller groups than larger ones. I have my stable group of friends, and most of us are the same way. Then I have a fairly large (for me, anyway) group of acquaintances from my classes; people that I’ll stop and chat with if I run into them, but who I don’t go to the extra lengths to hang out with that I do with my close friends.</p>

<p>You will always need a support system. You need ppl your age u can relate to and just relax with</p>