Is it futile to appeal a financial aid offer if you don't have much of a case?

I really want to attend this OOS public, but the costs are too high for me. I don’t have much of a case as to why I should get more aid (no unemployment issues, medical issues, etc.). Maybe I could mention that I got a scholarship for a couple of thousand dollars at my in-state public, but the in-state public was going to be significantly cheaper than the OOS public anyways. My case is pretty weak. Should I still try to appeal or am I wasting my time? Has anyone here had experience appealing financial aid without much of a case?

waste of time.
Public U’s primary responsibility is to educate, at lower costs, the children of taxpayers in that state.

And to add fuel to the fire…you are a transfer student.

You do know that most public universities do NOT meet full need for all accepted students, right?