Is it hypocritical?

<p>How do you feel about attending a religious service, for a religion you don't believe in, regularly because a friend wants you to go? Is it hypocritical, or pretty normal?</p>

<p>For the record, his religion does bother me, but the service doesn't.</p>

<p>Not only hypocritical but also horribly wrong.</p>

<p>Agreed, not hypocritical but not something you should be doing. Ask him to go to some religious service that would seem ridiculous for him to attend and see how he reacts. I'm sure you've heard this saying before, religions are like d#%!s, a lot of people have them, but you don't go around shoving yours in other peoples' faces.</p>

<p>I think it would be ok as long as you're respectful and agree to follow the expectations of the religious service. However, if you're uncomfortable there's no reason for you to go.</p>

<p>I'm not religious, but I've been to a few services. Like, I've stayed with friends over the weekend who attend church, or gone to temple with my Hindu mother. I don't see a problem with being curious about different religions, but being pressured into going to something that bothers you isn't okay.</p>