<p>I currently have roughly a 2.9 weighted GPA, I take mostly Honor & AP courses this year I have 2 honor classses. I’m a Junior and this is my last trimester of my junior year and I have 5 classes/ trimester. I want to attend either the University of Minnesota ( I live in Minnesota ) and or the University of Iowa ( For Astronomy/ Planetary Sciences). And I know when I graduate and through my senior year I will mostly get all A’s throughout my Senior year. And I want to go to a 4 year university for those 2 subjects a different college wouldn’t really matter as long as its a 4 year university. </p>
<p>I assume that your 2.9 is after eight trimesters into a total of 12 trimesters, so you have this trimester + three next year in which you could pull your grades up. Something around a 3.2 over those last four trimesters should get your total up to 3.0. But colleges probably won’t see the last two of those senior year trimesters, so the question is whether you can get it over three by the end of next year’s first trimester; you’re basically 8 trimesters into a total of 10 that admissions committees might see. In that case it would take over a 3.4 for this and next trimester to pull the 2.9 up to 3.0.</p>
<p>remember that you’ll be applying to school in the fall, so most of your senior year grades will not exist yet to “help” your GPA. Decisions may only include your first trimester of your senior year. Since those grades will only be worth 1/3 of a year, they won’t have much effect.</p>