is it possible to get in without a ridiculously good gpa?

<p>so my friend told me that its impossible to get in without a 4.0, and i didnt believe him. but then i got on collegeboard, and it looks pretty true, not entirely so, but you know…mostly
i have a decent gpa of around 3.7, but its not straight A’s obviously
has anyone gotten in with this sort of gpa, or known of anyone who has?
i know there are like…hundreds more factors, but still, is it a feasible option for me?</p>

<p>I got in with a 3.5…</p>

<p>Are you in-state or out of state?</p>

<p>im a registered resident and my family pays taxes, but i live overseas.</p>

<p>If you are registered as an in-state applicant, I don’t see any reason why a 3.7 GPA would keep you out of UNC. The admissions rep I talked to when I was a senior in high school (this was back in late '06) said that an applicants GPA, while important, is no deal breaker. He said they recalculate everyone’s GPAs regardless.</p>

<p>thats good to know :slight_smile: thanks, the statistics just looked a little daunting</p>

<p>I was just worrying about this! I was wondering if anyone knew… I’m an in state, but I go to boarding school in New England so our GPAs are severely deflated in comparison to public school GPAs (it’s almost impossible to get above a 3.65 here). I only have a 3.3 unweighted (maybe 3.5 or 3.6 weighted). Am I completely screwed for not going to a public school? My SATs are smack dab in the 50% range overall and I think I’ve got pretty good ECs (RA in my dorm, awards, etc.)</p>