is it possible??

<p>is it possible to get into penn provided everything is excellent, (sat iis, gpa, recommendations, essays etc.) if one has a 1200 (530 verbal, 670 math) SAT score</p>

<p>I think if you were "perfect" every where else you should try to be "perfect" here too. IF you have time, retake the SAT again, at least fall into the middle 50%. then you'll be set. Here's my stats. any advices or comments?</p>

<p>Sat I: 720 V 750M (I'm gonna retake in Nov only b/c I was sick when I took it in January and just feel that I could have done better if I hadn't been sick. I'm not an arrogant overachiever or anthing)</p>

<p>SATII
Math IIc 750
Biology 730
Writing 640 (bad day..but I dunno if I'll retake)</p>

<p>AP scores
Biology 5
Calculus BC 5
Calculus AB subscore: 5
US History 4
Chemistry 4</p>

<p>I have a 3.8 unweigted GPA and a 4.45 weighted. My school is extremely competitive and this is a good GPA.</p>

<p>I've been in several Honor societies, good leadership roles, community services (350+ hours), etc...</p>

<p>I've done 2 summers of biomedical enginnering research in which 1 year my name was aknowledged in the "aknowledged" section for my testing and stuff in a published scientific paper. </p>

<p>I'm taking 5 AP classes this year and have been doing really well on them</p>

<p>I'm applying for Biology as a RD applicant. Do I have a good chance?</p>

<p>I've known three people that got in with a 1200-1220. However,</p>

<p>Person 1 was valedictorian of my school
Person 2 was salutatorian of my school, captain of the football team, and turned down west point for penn
Person 3 was this girl I know. I don't exactly know what was special about her - she might have been legacy.</p>

<p>Also, all 3 were from Philadelphia, where you get an advantage on penn admissions.</p>

<p>suburb of penn? right outside of philly, and i went to gov school in philly, and cant forget that im asian</p>

<p>It's possible of course...I would say you need something extraordinary about you though to have a good chance. Penne's middle range is a 1350-1510. 1200 is probably in the bottom ten percent, but that's about 250 kids every year. Don't lose hope. Good luck.</p>

<p>thank you very much ilovepoker</p>