Is it safe to ride my bike around town at 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning?

<p>I will 100% be getting a bike when I get to Davis because the campus is so large and spread out. Also, I will be living off campus on the north side of campus somewhere. I plan to study nightly at the 24 hour study room and then go home at 2am or so. I was wondering if there’s any safety concerns on riding my bike back home in the middle of the night in Davis? Is there anything to worry about?</p>

<p>Fall quarter I had Astronomy lab from 10PM-12AM, and I’d bike to and from class. I’ve never had any problems-- the campus always felt really safe for me. One thing though, it can get REALLY cold at night, so be sure you have a sweater on you even if it was hot during the day.</p>

<p>fooshy</p>

<p>Davis is fairly safe, but I am not going to ensure 100% your safety. 99.9% of the time Its fairly safe.</p>

<p>Good luck</p>

<p>UC Davis and the immediate area around campus are pretty safe all day/night. I dunno about the rest of the city tho…</p>

<p>i’ve lived in davis my whole life so i have a lot of experience biking around. the campus is pretty safe at night as is downtown. don’t go around olive drive, that’s where davis gets sketchy. also, stay away from east davis that late at night. otherwise, ur safe.</p>

<p>The campus has a late night escort service.</p>

<p>Yes, they do, but nate cali was asking about biking at 2 or 3am. Escort service stops at midnight.</p>

<ul>
<li>fooshy</li>
</ul>

<p>I read that you need to register your bike with the city of Davis. Where can I go register it at? Can this be done on campus, or would I need to stop by the Davis police station?</p>

<p>the day after you move in, you get a brochure of events during that week before school starts. usually they’ll post a time and location on campus where you can register your bike.</p>