Is my essay off topic? Jan 28 SAT

<p>my prompt was "is it wise to be suspicious of motives of those who appear as authority?"</p>

<p>My thesis was "it is not wise to be suspicious"
My examples were:
Steve Jobs trusted his college professor while other students rejected him. And finally he was able to succeed because of his professor's advice
Chinese emperor, Qin shihuangdi, was able to unite China under one rule with a belief of legalism while other people were skeptical to the legalism which was a relatively new belief system.
And a movie in which a white doctor hires an african american doctor in 1940s. Although other doctors were suspicious of his motive and behavior, the african american doctor trusted him and enabled a heart surgery for the first time in history. If the african american doctor did not trust him, they would not have made impossible to possible.</p>

<p>I wrote full two pages but the examples seem not fitting to the topic.
Do you think my essay is off topic?
I would really appreciate your reply. I'm really concerned about it.
Thank You.</p>

<p>I can't justify by myself.
I really need to hear other person's view on this issue.
Please anyone?</p>

<p>Well, your last 2 topics seem to be decent choices. What your first topic about Jobs is a a pretty bad choice in context with your thesis.</p>

<p>Thank you for the comment. I wish my essay doesn't get a 0.</p>

<p>It's definitely on-topic enough for you not to get a zero; you would practically have to write about the mating habits of the African butterfly in order for the essay to be off-topic (that's an exaggeration, but you know what I mean ;)).</p>

<p>As long as you at least addressed the essay prompt and put in some effort, you will get points. Back on subject, I'd say that the second one fits in the best, but the connections to the topic coming from the other two are slightly questionable IMHO.</p>

<p>Note that we aren't allowed to discuss specific topics like that till we get scores. You could get yours canceled if they managed to trace it. But no worries, their "on-topic" guidelines are really really open, I've seen some 12's that I thought would surely be off topic</p>