Is my GPA okay if i want to Transfer to an Ivy League?

So I received an A- in a 1.5 credit class I wanted to take to ensure I continued to have musical skills in my life. This class is graded on attendance and playing, and there is no syllabus nor does the professor update grades until the very end of the semester.

I have achieved all As in my 3.0 credit classes and ultimately have a 3.97 (which is pissing me off not going to lie, I took my finals dead sick still getting As in them but a class that I had no say in is what ruins me).

I go to Loyola University Maryland right now, but I’m trying to transfer out to a school closer to where I live, and potentially more prestigious.

Help?

There are lots of kids with a high gpa in college but few will be able to transfer to an Ivy. GPA is only part of the equation. Generally the kids that get in are the ones that could have (or did) get accepted out of HS but for one reason or another went elsewhere.

And the Ivies will look at your high school GPA and SAT/ACT scores. If you were denied as a freshman then on or two good semesters at Loyola are not likely to get you into the top most schools.

,