Is senior year too late?

<p>I will be a senior in high school, and I'm aiming for the ivies. I have some minor positions in clubs, but not anything major. So I want to found a club senior year. But will this be too late to really have any impact on my app?
I have a 4.0 and SAT of 2300.</p>

<p>Hello Mandoggy,</p>

<p>I am a junior in a slightly similar situation as you. I can't speak professionally, but I can tell you what I think and what others have told me.</p>

<p>Your gpa and sat scores are very impressive (I would kill for them!), so I'm assuming your academic standing is all set. </p>

<p>As for major stuff like making a club, I suggest you do it, even if it is during senior year. It will look good on applications, and you can even mention something on the applications- like being too busy with academics the last three years to have any major club positions. </p>

<p>Do more community service if you haven't already, and really be involved in your community/school. It shows that even though it's during senior year, you still care enough to make the effort. </p>

<p>I hope this has helped.</p>

<p>-MaskedJ</p>

<p>^ Like MaskedJ said, your SAT scores are really good. I think it is worth the shot to put in some effort in founding a club and doing more volunteer work. I think it might be to late for Harvard and the sorts (unless you have some killer grades/recs (awards would help) and your essays are totally outstanding) but I think you have a fair shot at a couple of the Ivies.
Then again we cant be ever be certain since admissions are so irking-ly mysterious :P</p>

<p>Wish you luck though!</p>

<p>What I would suggest, and I think it worked for me, is becoming more involved in things you've already shown commitment too. It is really hard to start a club, get members and money, and be successful all in one year. So try doing more in the clubs you are already in, get more leadership positions, even if the club doesn't usually do a lot of volunteer work - organize projects for it!</p>