Is the 2C needed for non-math major?

<p>I'm applying to Stanford RD and I only took the Math 1C (770). It would take a whole heck of a lot of studying for me to get anywhere near that score on the 2C. Is it still necessary for me to take it and sent them a crappy score as opposed to just sending the 1C score? Will not having 2C hurt me? </p>

<p>I'm applying as a political science major, btw. </p>

<p>Thanks!
Lauren</p>

<p>770 is good, you don't need 2c at all. You should take writing though if you didn't yet.</p>

<p>they STRONGLY RECOMMEND the math "II" c and writing, not math I...sorry.</p>

<p>"We strongly recommend that you submit official results of three SAT II: Subject Tests as well, one of which should be Writing and one of which should be Math 2C. Because the SAT I or ACT is a required part of our application, we advise you to take either of those before taking the SAT II."<br>
-<a href="http://www.stanford.edu/dept/uga/applying/testing.htm"&gt;http://www.stanford.edu/dept/uga/applying/testing.htm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>...then again, if your not a math major...</p>

<p>Argh I don't know what to do! I have a 770 Writing, 760 US History and 770 Math 1C. I have to take a French SAT II in December- should I try the 2C then? That score is probably gonna suck, though. What do you think- take it or not?</p>

<p>It is easier to score high on 2c then 1c (you can make 6 mistakes and still get 800)</p>

<p>I know, but I've forgotten all of the material! I took a practice 2C test and scored a 660 (from the Real SAT II book), while I got a true 770 on 1C.</p>

<p>You may want to call admissions and ask them if it is importamnt. Last year they asked for either one. I was surprised to see that they want 2c this time. I am not sure it will be important for you at all.</p>

<p>Bump.</p>

<p>Any last opinions? I think I'll call admissions tomorrow.</p>

<p>I went there and they said, dont take the SAT IIs just for us, because they give the most leeway with Standardized testing, so i wouldnt bother.. its to late for EA anyway.</p>

<p>oh right you said RD.. whoops</p>

<p>I can't write, how am i going to take the writing in dec??</p>