Is the desired length for the commonapp short answer really 150 words?

<p>I'm looking at mine right now, which I cut short at about 220 words. Do they really want them to be about 150 words max? The box has space for 3500 characters, which would result in words with an average length of more than 20 letters. What did you guys do?</p>

<p>Yes, no? Bump.</p>

<p>Whatever fits in the box....Preview then print to see if it fits.....</p>

<p>what box?
U have to do it on a seperate sheet dude!</p>

<p>It is not an upload if you are applying online....If you do it on a separate sheet, you need to make sure that it fits within the guidelines...Different from personal statement; that can be uploaded from Microsoft word or whatever......</p>

<p>i have the same question- am i supposed to just ignore the additional space provided? is this supposed to be a creative short essay or merely a description of an activity??</p>

<p>yes, try not to go over 10% of the maximum.</p>

<p>i'd also like to know if it should be more a creative thing or more informational about the activity! because it is nearly impossible to do both in 150 words!!</p>

<p>^^^^^^^^^I'd also like to know.</p>

<p>I made mine creative, like a little mini essay, but I dunno. And I kept to the 150 words.</p>

<p>Mine was more creative too. And it was under 100 words, I think. Funny enough, the one I thought would be the hardest to cut ended up too short after cutting heh. I included another "passion" short answer though and that was 159 words. That one was definitely a creative one, but was easy to make that way because it was about art/painting in general, not a club or anything. I would be bored reading an uncreative, but informational essay, personally. I bet adcoms read a lot of those.</p>

<p>It says 150 words or fewer.</p>

<p>They understand that most of the short answers, even the best ones, will probably be a little choppy. Keep it under 200, absolutely. 180 is probably a good working maximum.</p>

<p>Has anyone actually submitted a 151+ word entry and gotten accepted that can validate this?</p>

<p>If you are using the online application rather than the paper one then there is a box where you write your response and it will not accept even one word above the limit (150 words).</p>