Is there anyway you can get out of Calc 2 w/ a 3 on the AP Exam

<p>So I just got my AP scores back today. I got a 3 on BC and a subscore of a 4 on AB. Is there anyway I can get out of Calc 2, it is literally a nightmare for me. I know UT Austin has their scale, but are there any steps I can take to possibly sneaking my way around them?</p>

<p>The only possible way “around” Calc 2 is to take it at a community college and transfer the credit. Other than that, no. You will need to take 408D/L at UT or through UT Extension.</p>

<p>what college at UT are you enrolling in? My son is going to be in CNS, and they made a strong argument for making sure you REALLY have logarithms down and have done very well on ALEKS in order to be ready for college calculus at UT. They showed correlations between ALEKS scores and success in the calc sequences. So, go by that score as well in making your decision. A 3 on the AP Calc is not accepted anywhere for college credit, in our experience. good luck</p>

<p>Another question to take into consideration might be: what is your intended major? If it’s something that requires calculus as a base requirement for high level mathematics courses or subjects of the sort there might be a problem…</p>

<p>I think this will only work if you actually take a course/have taken a course at a community college.</p>

<p>You can send your AP score to a community college and have the credit added to your community college transcript. Then, send that transcript to UT and it can be transferred over as credit from community college on your UT transcript. UT has a policy that they accept credit given by credit by examination that is accepted by another college, even if the score isn’t up to par with UT standards.
Use the local CC’s website to determine what credit you would get with your AP score and use the following link to see how credit will be awarded at UT.
[UT</a> Austin Automated Transfer Equivalency System](<a href=“Automated Transfer Equivalency System | Undergraduate Admissions | The University of Texas at Austin”>Automated Transfer Equivalency System | Undergraduate Admissions | The University of Texas at Austin)</p>