Is this a good GPA?

<p>Hello,
Im a freshman at an extremely rigorous school. My school is on a semester grading system and I just got my grades back:
A
A-
A-
A-
B+
Now i know these are good grades, and I'm not saying they aren't, but are they really something special? The GPA i believe it a 3.7, 3.83 weighted (there are no Honors or APs at my school, but you can be on the advances math track, which provides a weighted GPA, its a weird grading system) And i know it doesn't help at all but my midterm exam (which, because of the semester grading system, are like finals) grades were, 92, 94, 94, 95, 97. I don't understand how i could have gotten a B+ in english. I am convinced that my teacher is sexist (I'm a guy, he likes girls). I don't want to blame B+ performance on my teacher, i just want to emphasize that i try REALLY hard. So my ultimate question is, is this a competitive GPA? assuming this was my junior or senior GPA, what schools would it even be remotely competitive for?
PS I got a 232 on my PSAT if it says anything about how hard my school is.
Thanks</p>

<p>No</p>

<p>ten characters</p>

<p>You're fine. Many kids want to be in your situation right now. I wouldn't stress over it.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I don't understand how i could have gotten a B+ in english. I am convinced that my teacher is sexist (I'm a guy, he likes girls). I don't want to blame B+ performance on my teacher, i just want to blame B+ performance on my teacher

[/quote]
</p>

<p>fixed, and no</p>

<p>I heard they don't look at freshmen yr but your off to a good start just don't mess up any lower than a 3.00</p>

<p>Sent from my SPH-M910 using CC</p>

<p>What's the bad news? If you're looking into the top-notch universities, a ~3.7 GPA is not very competitive. That's just the honest truth. Nonetheless, it would be a respectable GPA for almost every other school in the country. Now, what's the good news? You're a freshman. There's still plenty of time to improve. Just work harder, and stay motivated. It is definitely possible to get you GPA in the ~3.9 region if you get mostly A's these next few years. May I ask what schools, or at least caliber of schools, are you interested in?</p>

<p>Im interested in attending Georgetown and majoring in international studies. Is Georgetown considered a school out of reach for a ~3.7 GPA with good community service, about 3 dedicated extracurriculars, motivation, and a 2000-2200 SAT?</p>

<p>For Georgetown, I'd say that a healthy GPA to have for a good shot at admissions is ~3.8. I'm not saying it's impossible to get in with a 3.7, but it is a fairly competitive school.</p>

<p>they suck .</p>

<p>It is a decent GPA.</p>

<p>Could someone please explain weighted and unweighted gpa to me. How can 3.7/4.0 be a bad gpa?</p>

<p>A 3.7 is an excellent GPA...It's an A- average. Besides, it's freshman year, and you're still at the point where nothing's set in stone. Just don't worry about your GPA for now and focus on enjoying life haha (freshman year classes aren't worth the worry anyway).</p>

<p>P.S. I had something like a 3.2 GPA my first year (laziness combined with bad luck, but mostly laziness), and now I'm going to a school where 75% of undergrads eventually get PhDs. I got in with a 3.73 or something, so it just goes to show you <em>can</em> get into a top-notch school with this--what did one poster say--"decent" GPA.</p>

<p>3.7/4 is a 93/100.</p>

<p>you have a whole semester left and a HIGH B which you can most likely bring up, I really think that your worrying too much
besides the only "weight" that really counts on grades is for an AP or IB class</p>

<p>Quit while you're behind</p>

<p>crazyfrog821- which schools are you looking into?</p>