Is this letter real? anyone from Haas or an international student

<p>The reason why I'm asking if because I've been looking for someone who can move into my place and I've been talking to a student from UK. I need a deposit from her and I asked for a proof if she was a real person or not. Ever since I posted on craiglist I've been getting alot of fake emails so I'm not really sure anymore...</p>

<p>Dear (student name): </p>

<p>Enclosed please find a copy your DS-2019 form. Also enclosed are important notices from the Berkeley International Office, which includes a welcome letter, Health Insurance Requirements, J-1 SEVIS Fee Payment Requirement, Two-Year Home Country Physical Presence Requirement and a Scholar Arrival Notification form. Please read the enclosed information carefully, as it has very important information regarding your stay here at Berkeley.</p>

<p>Upon your arrival, you will need to set-up an appointment to meet with me for a brief orientation, to complete the necessary paperwork required to validate your stay. Our visiting scholar space is full, but I will let you know when space becomes available.</p>

<p>The original documents have been sent to you today via FedEx. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to meeting you. </p>

<p>Sincerely yours,
Anita</p>

<p>Anita Stephens
Sr. Program Manager
Institute for Business Innovation (IBI)
F402 Haas School of Business #1930
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, California 94720-1930
Office: 510.642.4233
Fax: 510.642.2826
Web: Welcome</a> to the Institute for Business Innovation</p>

<p>Googled her name, seemed legit. Easiest way to confirm is to call the phone # and ask a few questions.</p>

<p>Yeah I googled it too. The only part that bugged me was the sentence that said:</p>

<p>"The original documents have been sent to you today via FedEx"</p>

<p>I just didn't think FedEx would even be mentioned in this kind of formal letter. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid now after dealing with all these fake emails...It's completely insane... Anyway I just told this person to just send me the deposit if he wants the place. Maybe I'll try calling the number too and ask about this student but I doubt they can reveal that kind of info.</p>