It was held up because it was evidence in a criminal case of his former cell mate. Supposedly his cell mate turned it in to his lawyer to prove that he didn’t try to kill Epstein (after his first failed attempt, Epstein blamed his cell mate for the marks on his neck).
I think the cell mate, a former LEO, was just convicted of a quadruple homicide so they were able to release it recently.
Some Democrats expressed frustration after the deposition, including Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi of Illinois, who said Kellen was “unwilling” to answer certain questions.
“We need more answers, and probably we’re gonna have to do it under oath again in a compelled setting, maybe,” said Krishnamoorthi. “Maybe with a subpoena, because certain questions were not answered by the witness.”
Todd Blanche met with the Epstein survivors yesterday afternoon. He is currently Acting Attorney General and being considered for appointment by Congress. He is the person who interviewed Maxwell in a Florida jail. I can’t comment on yesterday’s meeting without it being considered political - but I do encourage readers to do some research and draw your own conclusions.
I just read an article yesterday about Interlochen, the arts camp/school in northern Michigan. Epstein was one of the men students accused of inappropriate behavior - and he was a donor who seems to have had more access to children than he should have had. I can’t help wondering over and over … why did other adults allow this to happen? In fairness, Epstein wasn’t the only one at Interlochen accused of inappropriate behavior … he may have been one of the more prolific abusers with the most well-connected network, but he certainly wasn’t the only person who was allowed to hurt young people. As a society, we seem to value status and money over people (specifically children, in this case). I don’t see that this is changing, unfortunately, as evidenced by the overall lack of interest in holding adults accountable where Epstein is concerned.
I have seen interviews with some of the survivors who did meet with Blanche. She reported he as dismissive and not helpful to the situation. I believe he only took the meeting as an attempt to be confirmed AG. Blanche is cover for this whole situation. Nothing federal will happen with like charges or arrests or even more released docs with him in charge.
I think Epstein realized that people with means will do just about anything to access prestige.
It’s sickening what happened at Interlochen. I remember as a kid having some classmates, musical prodigies, that went there, and they (and their parents!) were honestly so full of themselves about it and would talk about Interlochen all year long.
I had a lot of friends who went there for summer camp, and luckily none of them were like that (they lived in the state, and it wasn’t such a huge deal because a lot of people went there). My cousin’s D went to the school, though - next time I see my cousin, I’m going to ask about the culture at the time his D went (late 2000-early 2010).
I’ve lost count, how many of these “associates found dead” are we up to now?
“I am the British whistleblower who reported evidence concerning Howard Lutnick, his links to Jeffrey Epstein, and Cantor Fitzgerald and BGC to the FBI in 2020–21,” reads a post from an X account widelyreported to belong to Andriesz.
“The personal consequences of whistleblowing, and the retaliation I say followed, have been devastating for my family and me… Follow me here on X and on LinkedIn. I intend to share more of the evidence and the story behind what happened.”
Of course, the aforementioned post would end up being Andriesz’s last, with Andy Agathangelou, the founder of a nonprofit organization that had hosted whistleblowing events with Andriesz, confirming to The Banker that Andriesz, 57, had been found dead.