JHU, Duke, or Dartmouth?

<p>WHERE would an engineering major be HAPPIEST, and WHY?</p>

<p>Thanks!!</p>

<p>I would say least unhappy hahaha</p>

<p>I agree with the above. Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of those schools are known for their programs (or lack thereof) in engineering.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I can't tell say where you would be happy. You should visit the schools if you have time. Even though the schools you listed are not known for their engineering programs you can bet you will get a great education and get into a great graduate program.</p>

<p>If you want to look at the top Engineering programs here is a list from USN
Best</a> Undergraduate Engineering Programs - Best Colleges - Education - US News and World Report</p>

<p>You should go to the thread named "colleges" --> Colleges</a> and Universities - College Confidential and ask the question to students attending those colleges.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of those schools are known for their programs (or lack thereof) in engineering.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Prepare to be corrected. Hopkins is easily #1 in biomed engineering.</p>

<p>OP: Dartmouth is a significantly different experience since it requires a liberal arts degree, and the eng degree is usually earned in a 5th year.</p>

<p>They all have good programs. They are all going to do some things better, so what type of engineering you want is important. As far as campus...Duke is like Epcot. Hopkins is stunning but you are in Baltimore, make no mistake. Dartmouth is NH, is rich in history and tradition, and by far a smaller school.
You are not looking apples to apples. So do you want an apple, an orange, or a banana, because you are looking as three very different schools.</p>

<p>JHU is the best place for someone wanting to major in BME. Duke is #2, in BME</p>

<p>But that is BME. But if you are talking about engineering just in general there are better schools.</p>