June 5th Chem Subject Test

<p>Who's taking it?(:
Is it hard? What's a score to expect if you took the honors class the previous year, but have yet reviewed?
And what's a good review book?</p>

<p>any thoughts?</p>

<p>I'm taking it
I heard barron's was pretty good. I know a guy who read 1/4 of it and only took gt chem (not ap) and got a 710, and I know of another guy who read through barrons 2 times and got a 800</p>

<p>Dang, that's pretty good.
I've tried Sparknotes for biology, and it didn't help much.
So I just assumed that sparknotes for chem probably wouldn't help out much either.</p>

<p>i haven't even started studying for chem.. </p>

<p>but my chem ap just ended, studying for that will probably help me..</p>

<p>That's good. I don't really remember much from last year.
But it seems like chemistry is just all about ions, elements and stoichiometry.
I might be completely wrong though</p>

<p>The chem test has a horrible curve. (you can't get more than -3 for 800)</p>

<p>So I've heard. What about skipping problems?</p>

<p>-3 is the same thing as skipping three questions.</p>

<p>Once I get my scores in 6 days I'll be able to help you get an idea of how the test is.</p>

<p>I'll be taking it depending on my May score.</p>

<p>I'm taking it. Sophomore, honors chemistry, Princeton review. Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it, since I only started studying after the AP exams. No AP Chem though. My honors chemistry teacher is extremely difficult though, so I think I'll be OK. I hope to get a 770, considerably higher than my Bio 740. </p>

<p>According to the SparkNotes curve only raw scores of 79-80 are an 800. So 1 question skipped or 4 wrong. <a href="http://www.sparknotes.com/testprep/books/sat2/chemistry/chapter2section3.rhtml%5C%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.sparknotes.com/testprep/books/sat2/chemistry/chapter2section3.rhtml\&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>It's not tooo bad a curve. The .25 penalty for wrong answers on SAT/AP makes getting answers wrong less of a problem.</p>

<p>yea im taking it..</p>

<p>im studying out of barrons and princeton review. princeton review is good but skimps on a few things that barrons does not. i also like barrons index a lot better (extremely helpful when studying)</p>

<p>back to studying lol</p>

<p>we should make a channel on aim or something to help facilitate the learning amongst ourselves</p>

<p>@waitingforivy:</p>

<p>I think you're severely mistaken. The .25 penalty is in addition to the 1 point for not getting it right. So, leaving it blank is -1 and getting it wrong is -1.25.</p>

<p>I am taking it in June and on the Sparknotes Practice Test I notice that on Test #3 the diagram for questions 64-66 is missing. The questions had something to do with heat of reactions.</p>

<p>btw there are 85 questions in total, so the sparknotes curve is not only ridiculous, it is totally fail.</p>

<p>I think the hardest part of the test should be the matching cause and effect + true/false.
The identification should not be too bad if we know our material</p>

<p>just scored a 730 on a practice test.</p>

<p>would have gotten an 800 but i wasn't paying attention and made careless mistakes.</p>

<p>what are yall scoring?</p>

<p>Would you consider 730 a good score?</p>

<p>anything under an 800 is not a good score man</p>

<p>sike, i'm aiming for a 750+
730 is good if you took it cold in my opinion, i haven't done any sat ii prep yet i got my book though!</p>

<p>haha I've started studying for it today. I am so confused, as of how the test works. Why does it skip to 101 or so, when there's only 85 questions?</p>