Just another ambitious international...

<p>Hi. I am an intl' student applying this fall.
My SAT Score is : 2010.
Subject tests, Math: 780, Chemistry:760
Class 9th: 84% (2nd in Class)
Class 10th: 93% (3rd in Class)
Class 11: 90% (2nd in Class)</p>

<p>Since my SAT 1 score isn't good, I will be taking it again in october.
It'd be really nice of you, if you could chance me for the following colleges: (with the present SAT 1 score in prospect)</p>

<p>Stanford, Purdue, Texas at Austin, Carnegie Mellon, UMich, Columbia, G'tech, Virignia Tech, UCLA, UCBerkeley, USC, UIUC, Darthmouth.</p>

<p>MATCH:
REACH:
SAFETY:</p>

<p>[PS: I will be applying for aid]</p>

<p>Also, I'd love if you could tell me some other colleges for ENGINEERING (Computer), which are very good, and well, more suitable for me, and affordable.
Because I have been told that it's not advisable to spend all your savings on undergraduate course, should save it for the post-graduate course. Right?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Please tell me that you know test scores alone won't get you into colleges here... You are missing a huge chunk of your resume.</p>

<p>geekorathletic
yeah, I know that lol.</p>

<p>EXTRA CURRICULAR:
Musician (Pianist). Already released two of my albums with self composed songs. In the school band for 7 years. Pursuing music passionately, and hope to minor in it!</p>

<p>Debater (National Level). Won various Accolades here. 2nd in a national debate.
Sports (Regional Level). Cricket</p>

<p>Community Service/work exp. Visited Thalassemia Ward in Hospital many times and met with patients. Visited an Old Age Home in the City for one year every week, and made a video project on it for J4J (A school initiative) .
Participated in numerous out reach programmes. Part of a school club that promotes Environmental Sustainability. Been working with the Rotary Club for past two years. </p>

<p>Leadership: Elected vice-captain of my school. Member of the School representative
council.</p>

<p>Now, can you help?</p>

<p>I don't mean to be rude or anything, but 2010 is a very low score for an international student, applying for aid.
If I were you, I'd be searching for alternative options. With scores like that, you chances at the aforementioned colleges are bleak.
Of course I can be wrong. Don't rely too heavily on my opinion.</p>

<p>Wow. I respect your opinion @ptlazarus. </p>

<p>But I have to say, reading that made me despair. Could you then suggest some colleges where I do stand a chance? Anyone?</p>

<p>bump..please, I really need some help.</p>

<p>out of that list you can probably get aid at VT.</p>

<p>Forget aid. Say I don't apply for aid. Where can I get admission in?</p>

<p>ANY INPUT, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!</p>

<p>i say w/out aid u have a shots at CMU (depending on the major), umich, utaustin if your year 12 results are good (95% will be pretty good)</p>

<p>Georgia Tech or Rochester could be a match...</p>

<p>OK, I have to admit Rochester is pretty strong on engineering.
If you need $$, Rochester might work for you. They give scholarships to internationals pretty generously.</p>

<p>Sidfromaus
I think OP has better chances at Purdue. Their acceptance rate is >70%.</p>

<p>Sidfromaus, ptlazarus.
What about UIUC? Do you think I have a chance there? Their acceptance rate is pretty good too, about 60% or more.</p>

<p>lolononojo
(funny name! I laughed typing it.)
Rochester sounds a great option! What could be my reaches?</p>

<p>i just know about those schools as I myself applied there. Another reason i picked them was because they seemed to be somewhat more difficult than the others for internationals to get admission into.</p>

<p>okay thanks!
any more advice/inputs please?</p>

<p>Sex?
Ethnicity?</p>

<p>I didn't know sex matters.</p>

<p>Sex: MALE.
Ethnicity: Indian (Asian)</p>

<p>Now?</p>