Just got expelled, need advice

<p>I am a junior living in Honolulu, Hawaii. I just got expelled from Iolani, a prestigious private school, and right now I'm looking at several options for schooling: apply to another private school, attend a public school, or take my GED and then attend a community college. The option I would prefer is the GED and community college. My long term goal is to get into a decent mainland college (by decent, I'm hoping for a UC college, Boston University, or something around the same level). I'm confident that at the community college I could earn a 4.0 GPA and would also do well on my SAT. My question is whether I would have a good chance getting into a good college by getting the GED and going to the community college, or whether they don't like that, and I wouldn't have as good a chance as if I went back to a private school. I would really appreciate any honest, objective advice to help me make this life-changing decision.</p>

<p>Thanks, Jon</p>

<p>I would suggest the GED & Community College route. However, when you apply to transfer, your expulsion will still be on record with Iolani. There are some good schools you could transfer into for college, just make sure you stay on top of things. And don't do anything crazy. Kapiolani Community College seems like the best route if you go to a 2-year school in Hawaii, although Hawaii Pacific may be even better for you (since it is minimally difficult to get into). </p>

<p>Anyhow, good luck. Take it easy.</p>

<p>Just my 2 cents.</p>

<p>Was Iolani that hard to stay in? I would recommend you to try for Punahou.</p>