Justin Bieber Sued for Paternity

<p>
[quote]
A 20-year-old California woman has filed a bombshell lawsuit against teen pop icon Justin Bieber alleging he is the father of her three-month-old baby boy, Star magazine is exclusively reporting in its new issue.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>20-Year-Old</a> Woman Claims Justin Bieber Is Father Of Her Baby, Files Paternity Lawsuit | Radar Online</p>

<p>The last time I looked (a while ago), the age of consent in California is 18. Bieber is 17. Maybe the woman gets a pay off if she establishes paternity but she may have to count her money in jail?</p>

<p>Never say never!</p>

<p>Oh, lord. People are something.</p>

<p>Assuming the baby is his, did the encounter occur in California or in another state?</p>

<p>
[quote]
In an affadavit signed under penalty of perjury Yeater says she was 19 years old when she had sex with the underage star backstage at one of his concerts in Los Angeles.

[/quote]

Looks like it was in CA.</p>

<p>And we care why?</p>

<p>"And we care why?"</p>

<p>So we can think of something other than our sadness about the impending Kardashian divorce, of course.</p>

<p>^ I was going to ask the same thing............ It would be like discovering some CC parents actually buy and read tabloid newspapers ......... which I venture to guess is true........</p>

<p>Seriously??? SERIOUSLY??? Wow.. slow news day!</p>

<p>He doesn't even look like he shaves yet, and he supposedly fathered a baby?</p>

<p>So it sounds like this woman, if she's telling the truth, committed statutory rape, unless California has an exception for teenagers who are only a couple of years apart in age.</p>

<p>
[quote]
And we care why?

[/quote]

It's amusing to read about the foibles and follies of the rich and famous.</p>

<p>Lol. Funny..... </p>

<p>-------------------------------------------If it is to be, it is up to me.....</p>

<p>^^They also reported the snake swallowed an elephant..</p>

<p>From the California Penal Code:

[quote]

Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual
intercourse with a minor who is not more than three years
older or three years younger than the perpetrator, is
guilty of a misdemeanor.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I don't buy those "rags", but am forced to read the headlines in the grocery store check-out lines. Believe it or not, some of the stories turn out to be true.</p>

<p>LOL- forced? If I am not putting my stuff up ont eh conveyer belt thing, I tend to read my emails on my phone in the grocery line, or stare longingly at the candy I can't/won't buy. I occasionalaly glance at the tabloid headlines, but there are all too often too many stories about successful dieters, which puts me to shame.</p>

<p>At least you've got the diet stories to counteract the candy urges;)</p>

<p>Yup, and the nausea brought on by these tabloid stories helps curb the appetite too :D</p>

<p>I'll admit I get sucked in by the headlines - whether in line at the grocery or online.</p>

<p>I tend to be more drawn to the ones that mention names of people I hear my kids talk about. I like to give the appearance that I am "in-the-know" about these things ;) I need all the help I can get with my cool factor.</p>

<p>Beiber is the next Vanilla Ice, his days of stardom are coming to an end</p>

<p>
[quote]
Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual
intercourse with a minor who is not more than three years
older or three years younger than the perpetrator, is
guilty of a misdemeanor.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Does anyone else find this statute bizarre? What do they mean by "unlawful" sexual intercourse? Is that all sexual intercourse with a minor (in which case, isn't it redundant?), or just some types of sexual intercourse with a minor? And who is the "perpetrator"? I assume it's the "person" who engages in whatever with a minor, but since both of them can be minors that means two 17-year-olds who have sex (or "unlawful" sex) are both perps committing a misdemeanor. Somehow, I doubt there's enough jail space in California to enforce that one. What's more, this implies that a 13 year-old who has sex with a 17 year-old is committing a felony (and vice-versa, of course, something I have less of a problem with).</p>

<p>Anyway, I assume Los Angeles law enforcement authorities have better things to do than to police Justin Bieber's access to young women willing to have his babies.</p>