Kenan-Flagler admissions

<p>If I am denied from kenan-Flagler, would it be smart to major in economics if I want to pursue a career in finance?</p>

<p>Also, is it still possible to take business courses if I am denied from kenan-Flagler?</p>

<p>If don't get into Kenan-Flagler it's usually because you don't perform strongly GPA wise Your first two years. If you find yourself making bad grades but still think you want to go finance/analysis, it would be helpful to have some sort of applied mathematical training like...</p>

<p>1) Mathematical Decision Science
Mathematical</a> Decision Sciences — Department of Statistics And Operations Research - UNC Chapel Hill </p>

<p>2) Biostatistics in the School of Public Health (rank 2 in the country)
UNC</a> School of Public Health - Degrees</p>

<p>These programs are very rigorous though. That said, if your business pre-reqs are tough conceptually then you might want to think about something else other than finance. </p>

<p>Econ isn't a bad idea per say but I don't think most employers would look at Econ as highly as a degree from Kenan-Flagler.</p>

<p>Yea thanks that makes sense. I guess Econ is only a good decision if you're at a top school that doesn't offer business.</p>