LACs with late or extended deadlines?

<p>Looking for a couple more safeties.</p>

<p>Juniata is 3/15.</p>

<p>Any more?</p>

<p>Loyola</a> University New Orleans</p>

<p>Here's a few:</p>

<p>Albion College March 1 (for scholarship consideration)
Baldwin-Wallace March 1 (for scholarship consideration)
Albright College March 1 (for scholarship consideration)
Elmira College Rolling Admissions
Guilford College Fenruary 15</p>

<p>Are you interested, at all, in any midwest LAC's?</p>

<p>Randolph</a> College - Dates and Deadlines</p>

<p>Thank you. I'll check into all of these.</p>

<p>Haystack - He's already applied to five schools in the midwest, so we are fine with that area!</p>

<p>Austin College in Sherman, TX (between Dallas and the Oklahoma/Texas border)
Great CTCL college with under 2000 students and a March 1 RD deadline. </p>

<p>Not sure if it would be considered a safety school for everyone.</p>

<p>Thanks all. I also discovered this, which may help someone else.</p>

<p><a href="https://www.commonapp.org/CommonApp/MemberRequirements.aspx%5B/url%5D"&gt;https://www.commonapp.org/CommonApp/MemberRequirements.aspx&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>In addition, I know some schools extend their deadlines. I'd love to hear about any of those.</p>

<p>Helpful tip: Many (though I won't say definitively ALL) smaller schools, particularly not-extremely-selective LACs, are largely willing to accept late applications through the middle-of-February in my experience, even if their app deadlines are 1/1. They won't say it on their website but call them and explain that you suddenly learned of their great program, you're an interested boy with X.XX GPA and XXXX SATs, and can you still apply? I'd be shocked if any school ever said "no" to this.</p>

<p>Thank you for this tip! I'll try it!</p>

<p>Here is another list: List</a> of Late Deadline Schools- Locate Colleges with Late Application Deadlines at Petersons.com</p>

<p>
[quote]
Helpful tip: Many (though I won't say definitively ALL) smaller schools, particularly not-extremely-selective LACs, are largely willing to accept late applications through the middle-of-February in my experience, even if their app deadlines are 1/1.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I know of a guy who was transferring from a cc to a 4 year university. He walked into the admission office with an unofficial transcript in his hand over the summer and told them that he would be interested in being admitted and would like to enroll for the fall semester AND he required housing. They accepted him as long as he got the official transcript to them, and he was able to secure the on campus housing. I imagine that there are plenty of schools that would do this if one was willing to do it. This was several years ago, and I will assume that he did not require FA, but I don't know for certain. Also, just to add, this student did not even make an appointment with admissions. He simply just showed up!</p>

<p>Mass College of Liberal Arts in North Adams, MA. A public liberal arts school.</p>

<p>Not much notice, but Muhlenberg College in PA has a deadline of February 15th.</p>

<p>Love that story, northeastmom! Thanks for sharing. If you never ask, the answer will always be no. I need to remember that, eh? Ds will be making some calls.</p>

<p>teriwtt, I am going back and forth on Muhlenberg - we visited and ds did not like it at all. But you know how these kids are!</p>

<p>Also, don't forget the NACAC list that comes out on or after May 1. Also look at the rolling school list. I am also going to send a PM to you.</p>

<p>Allegheny is due Feb. 15. </p>

<p>Application</a> for Admission Admissions | Allegheny College - Meadville, PA</p>

<p>If he likes Juniata, I think he'd also like Allegheny :)</p>

<p>Mount</a> Allison on a roll</p>

<p>justmytwocents - a big shout out to you! A school has gladly accepted his late application.</p>

<p>I can breathe so much easier.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>
[quote]
Ds will be making some calls.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Just want to first apologize because I thought this meant that you have more than one daughter looking. I began thinking that perhaps you even have twin girls. Reading your last post I see that your son is looking. I know that in a PM I referred to your child as a D and not a S. Sorry for the misunderstanding.</p>

<p>Your last post is important for info for other parents have, so its great that you posted this!</p>