Language Requirement

<p>Other than AP, what are the ways to place out of it?</p>

<p>I've heard of SAT II, but I'm not too sure. I'll check.</p>

<p>Tests that can be used for acceleration credits are:
AP, SAT II, IB, and A-Levels</p>

<p>Here's the link: <a href=""&gt;;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>This only mentions acceleration, though, not being exempt from taking the language course.</p>

<p>I spoke with current students and I'm pretty sure you can excempt out of the requirement. You probably still have to take a full 36 credits however.</p>

<p>See <a href=""&gt;
The</a> foreign language requirement can be met in any one of several ways:</p>

<li><p>Advanced Placement test scores. A student may demonstrate competence on entrance by presenting a score of 4 or 5 on a College Board Advanced Placement test taken in high school in one of the languages in which such tests are offered.</p></li>
<li><p>Language examinations...</p></li>
<li><p>Course work at Yale....


<p>It doesn't look like they use the SAT II for language placement</p>

<p>is it true that you need 3 semesters to satisfy it?</p>