Laptop Sleeve

<p>Gratefully, good friends of ours presented our S with a laptop for his grad present yesterday.</p>

<p>D and I have laptop "bags" for ours. I know S will not want a bag and will get a laptop backpack, but I was thinking that maybe it would be good for him to also have a "sleeve" for it. </p>

<p>Any recommendations of what has worked for you or not - material wise, fit wise, etc????</p>

<p>The North Face Surge backpack is great. It has a separate well-padded laptop section.
Plenty big enough for a laptop (even a large laptop), a couple of books, notebooks, and chargers, etc. It's very well made, not bulky, extra straps can be easily removed if you don't like them hanging (waist strap, chest strap), and the laptop section is well-padded and large.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.ebags.com/product/the-north-face/surge/109317%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.ebags.com/product/the-north-face/surge/109317&lt;/a>
^this is what it looks like</p>

<p>You can find it at many online stores. Look for online discount codes to the specific stores. Check it out at REI, Zappos, Ebags.
You may even find it at Dick's Sporting Goods.</p>

<p>How rough is he with his backpack? Most probably overkill and certainly NOT good-looking but.....I ride a motorcycle and it vibrates and shakes. I couldn't find anything protective enough for my laptop so I made my own tight fitting sleeve from memory foam and duct tape. It ain't pretty but I've ridden with it down rocky mountain roads with zero problems.</p>

<p>I know that you asked about a sleeve, but if you are interested in the backpack which nysmile suggested, I recently bought it at Sunnysports dot com. It was 81.95 and I did not pay anything additional for shipping. This was the best deal that I could find for that backpack. My son really likes it. I bought it because of nysmile's and some other cc poster's suggestion.</p>

<p>Northeast, it was because of your thread that I discovered the surge! Thanks !</p>

<p>Yes, I am still interested in buying a seperate sleeve though too and that's what I could use some advice on.</p>

<p>I got my S a neoprene rubber sleeve because he does not have a backpack made for laptops. I think we got it at Best Buy. Make sure it is not too loose, it should take a little bit of effort to remove, so it can't accidentally slide out.</p>

<p>I use a Case Logic neoprene sleeve. It looks like this:</p>

<p>Walmart.com:</a> Case Logic 13" MacBook Sleeve: Computers</p>

<p>I like the little pocket on the outside.</p>

<p>I had a neoprene sleeve for mine which was padded inside, and I had my initials monogrammed on it (doubt your S wants that :)) It worked well for me. I just started grad school and they gave us laptop backpacks, so I've switched to that instead of the sleeve.</p>

<p>My son has a laptop backpack and a sleeve. He never uses the sleeve. I'm not sure that if the laptop was in the sleeve it would even fit in the backpack. Seems like you really only need one or the other.</p>

<p>My sons mac book came with a neoprene sleeve that had a shoulder strap , which he did use for a while, the problem was the tendency of putting books in the sleeve with the laptop - bad idea! I got him a hard plastic cover and a messenger bag. It works well, the computer is protected and he can put his books etc. in there as well.</p>