Last-minute chance? Today's the big day!

<p>Just curious as to anyone's opinions on my admission to UF. :) I am really unsure as to whether I'll get in or not, and it will literally be the end of my world if I don't - at least for a long time.</p>

<p>-White female
-In-state
-Unweighted GPA (currently): 3.2
-Weighted GPA (currently): 4.5
-Rank (public high school): 16/361 (top 5%)
-Best Composite ACT score: 27 (Reading - 28, Math - 23, English - 34, Science - 21, Writing - 31)
-Dual Enrolled at Edison State College since freshman year of high school; will be graduating with Associate of Arts degree on May 5th! Have some credits toward my Bachelor's degree as well.
-Since freshman year, I have taken around 6 Honors classes, 1 AP class, and 24 actual college classes.
-As for extracurriculars, it is not really one of my strengths, but I have been involved in National Honor Society (grades 10, 11, 12), volunteering (grade 11), Yearbook (grades 11 and 12; 12th grade, became Editor-in-Chief), have held a part-time job at a law firm for the past four years (grades 9, 10, 11, 12), and became an Early Admission student at Edison State College for my senior year, being that I do not have any high school requirements left.
-I received three stellar recommendation letters from college professors, which I sent with my application, and I feel that my essay will be appreciated, as writing is my forte.
-I hope to major in English and ultimately earn my Doctorate of English.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance for your thoughts! I am so nervous!</p>

<p>Hey you sound very similar to me. I also dual enroll at Edison.
But anyway, I think it sounds like you have a pretty good chance of getting in. Do they even look at letters of recommendation though? </p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Hmmm, I don't know. You sound right on the edge. Your ACT score is out of the median range of freshman students last year, and your unweighted GPA is pretty low. But the fact you took so many college classes is a redeeming factor.</p>

<p>And by the way, UF doesn't consider recommendation letters, so they won't factor into their decision. Good luck! :)</p>

<p>University</a> of Florida - Admissions</p>

<p>Thanks for your thoughts and info, nickirows!</p>

<p>Gabby0721, really?? What a small world! :) And thanks! What grade are you in? A senior as well?</p>

<p>I wasn't sure if they looked at recs or not, but I sent them to all three of the universities I applied to anyway. Got into USF and UCF, but UF is my dream. :) I even found an apartment up there already and visit Gainesville once a month, just because I love it so much. I'll be signing the lease for the apartment in March if I do get into UF! :D</p>

<p>Haha, I'm in the same boat. I would LOVE to go to UF, and I was accepted to USF and FSU. If I don't get into UF, I'll have to go to USF. =/</p>

<p>Same here! I don't really want to go to UCF, because I'd have to transfer eventually. They don't have the best department for English and I couldn't get my Doctorate there. :/ USF is a great school, don't get me wrong. But UF is top notch! I visit friends there alllll the time and fall in love with it over and over again!</p>

<p>Yep! I've just been doing 2 classes a semester though :) I'm a senior</p>

<p>You UW GPA is really low, but your weighted is alot higher and i'm gonna guess that is because of all the dual enrollment courses you took. Being completely honest, colleges know dual enrollment classes are way easier than AP courses, so they like AP classes better and don't really see them evenly with AP. UF admissions is really tough, there is alot of people who apply and only a small amount of spots. </p>

<p>But I will say that UF does reject people with super high SAT Scores and Perfect GPAs and then accepts people that you would not expect. UF admissions is pretty random sometimes so you never know maybe they'll love your essay, uf gives alot of weight to the non-merit stuff.</p>

<p>Thanks, skatespin. I think it's a matter of opinion as to whether or not AP is tougher than Dual Enrollment. To be honest, the reason why I didn't take anymore AP, aside from AP US History last year, was because it was MUCH too easy. It felt like a regular class. There was NO homework, no papers, hardly any classwork. I was disappointed. The DE classes I have taken, though, were definitely more of a challenge. Some were much tougher than others. It's debatable, I suppose. I think it just depends on your school. My high school caters to the lower-level intelligence crowd, so it's tough for me. That's why I jumped at the opportunity for DE courses. Thanks for your input, though!</p>

<p>Be sure you're using UF weighting and not your HS or own weighting when caclulating your weighted GPA - it's not the same as how your HS, district or state looks at it.</p>