Leadership

<p>Just curious, but do you need to have a lot of leadership to be admitted? I'm an officer of a club and an assitant drum major for band, but that's about it. My hook (flute/sax) pretty much takes up my life...</p>

<p>I didn't have that much compared to some of the people in my class - no student council etc. I was just really active in my clubs and founded one. That said, it all depends on your application as a whole. And those college admissions officers can see the hours on the Common App that you spend doing music. If you have honors or maybe trips and concerts to show for it then they'd definitely take that into account as well. </p>

<p>Look for leadership opportunities that don't cut in to your after-school time as much. The a cappella group I founded practiced only at lunch times and the other club I was active at (Riding for the Disabled) only had service trips one day a week. Look into National Honor Society and Tri-M Music Honor Society as well.</p>

<p>I tried NHS, but didn't recieve enough votes unfortunately. Thanks for the advice, though!</p>