less selective colleges

<p>so i am think its safe to say i am not the best student or the worst, so what are less selective colleges that offer good if not great business programs. thanks</p>

<p>There is a HUGE gap between "not the best student and not the worst". If you want any meaningful advice, I think you should include your GPA and SAT/ACT scores, financial constraints (if any), and preferences as to size and location of a college.</p>

<p>Sorry, but the structure of your one sentence as an introduction and first post screams community college. There is nothing wrong with CC to strengthen your future academic opportunities. I have a son in CC and it was the right decision for him.</p>

<p>as i said i am not the best and that includes grammar somewhat, but i don't think community college is what i was looking for. what i am really looking for are some less selective colleges that would admit a student with a decent gpa and test scores. Thanks</p>

<p>There are more than 3000 colleges and universities in the United States. Many (if not most) of them offer some kind of business program and would admit a student with average to above average (but not exceptional) stats. Check out you nearest "directional"* state university (*University of X, Y County campus). </p>

<p>If you want to be more choosy, look at Business Week's rankings of undergraduate business programs (which show average SAT/ACT scores):<br>
Best</a> Undergraduate Business Schools 2011 - Businessweek</p>

<p>US News also ranks undergraduate business programs, but unless you have an online account, you can only view the top-ranked schools (which are all very selective). The full ranking for account holders covers hundreds of schools. Schools ranked in the 21-50 range include (in rank order): Michigan State, Purdue (West Lafayette), Arizona State, Case Western, U. Florida, Iowa, Wake Forest, Brigham Young, GWU, SMU, Texas A & M, UC Boulder, BU, Syracuse, Pitt, S. Carolina, Auburn, Rennselear, Tulane, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Virginia Tech.</p>

<p>The best bang-for-the-buck is likely to be an in-state public university. More selective schools often do not have undergraduate programs at all. However, your long-term career prospects may tend to be better if you enroll at the most selective school you can, then major in economics rather than business.</p>

<p>Most state universities have undergraduate business programs. Like with any program at any reputable college, you can get a very good education at any of them, depending on how diligently you apply yourself. They are also almost certain to be your most affordable alternative.</p>

<p>I would take a serious look at the suggestion upthread to start at a community college. In many states, community colleges have articulation agreements with all the state universities, which guarantees that the courses you take at the CC are fully transferable to the four-year institution.</p>