Letters of Rec

<p>How do I see the status of my letters? One of my teachers finished and sent them out on Dec. 21. The other teacher I asked uses Naviance, but I don't think she wrote the letter yet. On Commonapp, all of my schoolsstill say they require all the letters. </p>

<p>Do mailed-in letters of rec show up as complete on CommonApp once they are received, and should I be giving my other teacher a nudge to remind her just incase she forgot? </p>

<p>I'm just really not sure about how the whole letter of rec system works.</p>

<p>As I understand it, only things submitted through CommonApp show up as complete. If they're mailed in and received, the school's own status-checking system (if it has one) will show it as complete, but the CommonApp won't. At least, I'm assuming that's the case, because WUSTL waived my application fee because I did their summer program but it continued to show up as incomplete on the CommonApp.</p>

<p>If the schools you're applying to haven't given you information about a status-checking system, contact the admissions offices to check whether your application is complete, and if not, which portions are missing.</p>

<p>One way to gently remind your teachers about writing the letters is to give or send them thank-you notes. If they haven't written them, it will remind and encourage them to do so without you ever having to go out and say it.</p>