letters of rec

<p>can i ask my junior year chem teacher and my AP calc BC teacher for letters of rec? I dont have any liberal arts teacher references, but it seems to be allowed. Is that fine, or do i have to ask a liberal arts teacher?</p>

<p>Depends on how you want to market yourself. If you are a humanities scholar hoping to go into one of those fields, it will not reflect well to have a Chem and Calculus teacher to recommend you. If, on the other hand, you are more interested in math and science, that would be fine.</p>

<p>I think that even if you are a math/science person, you should consider getting a humanities rec. It will make you seem much less one-sided. If you have plenty of math/science awards and activities, then that passion will come through without the extra rec. I think that math/science and humanities test fundamentally different aspects of intelligence, and by getting a rec in both categories, you are giving Princeton a bigger picture of how your mind works. Obviously if you suck at humanities, then ignore everything I just said.</p>

<p>Obviously get recs from whoever knows you best. I personally think diversifying is better if you have the option though. I'm heavy into the humanities, but one of my rec's is coming from my Computer Science teacher, whom I've had daily class with through 10th and 11th grades and with whom I assistant taught.</p>

<p>wouldnt it be advantageous to get a math and chem teacher if i want to pursue Chemical Engineering?</p>

<p>I think that asking my chem teacher would give me a better letter of rec i think than any other humanity teacher. but is it imperative to aska humanities teacher?</p>

<p>No, the best recs are always best.</p>

<p>Not imperative, but if you're applying to Princeton, they like to see that you're good in everything (and willing to get better). Which means that if you're the best history student your teacher has ever seen, but you're even better at Math, that's good. But make sure you get recs who will give glowing reports--or you're sunk.</p>

<p>I have one junior english teacher, and I don't really want to use either my junior science/math teacher for a rec, so which is better.. if i ask my sophomore AP physics teacher, or my Senior AP Chem teacher? Is it true that colleges only want teachers from your last 2 years of highscool?</p>

<p>So long as your AP Chem teacher knows you well enough to write a good rec, I would go with him/her. Teachers you had sophomore year tend to forget what you were like in class and thus can't write as useful a rec.</p>