Starting the thread. I applied early action in October. Haven’t heard back but hopefully soon
Keep getting parent newsletter emails…
I received an email tonight saying good news is coming. It said congratulations and “we look forward to welcoming you”. It’s not an “official decision” because the email stated that those come out next week.
i also got an email today saying “we look forward to welcoming you to the incoming class” and it said congratulations, but it said to wait for my portal for official results
Same email here yesterday…
My daughter got a similar email saying good news is coming soon, and she was accepted ED a few days later. Congrats - I think you are in!
I just called to ask and they said that for those who got an email last week should expect a letter in the mail in the next 10 days.
My son got a similar email, and found it a strange way to (sort of) inform students of admission decisions. Maybe next year they should send out an ambiguous string of emojis instead.
Was just admitted with $27,500 faculty scholarship! Waiting on more schools in the spring but it looks like I will be a Pio next year! If anyone was wondering, stats were 1280 SAT and 3.8 GPA with major EC’s and strong essays!
My daughter was admitted with $29.5K merit scholarship. Did anyone else notice that tuition is going up 5.28% this year versus next?
- Go to Cristo Rey school with mostly first-gen Latinx/Hispanic community
- Second-gen, Asian [Vietnamese male] = URM in higher academia
- Eligible for testing waivers and Reduced Price Lunch program
- Live in Northern California - Silicon Valley: San Jose, CA
- EFC: $13,003
- 1300 SAT Superscore (650 E, 650 M)
- 3.88 UW / 4.02 W GPA
- Rank [school doesn’t rank]: Probably ~ 3/102
- Took 6 out of 9 APs: 3’s on APUSH and AP Seminar
- Did Speech & Debate (policy) = placed 2nd out of 8 competing novice teams
- 3 Internships: Stanford Lane Library, VMWare, and Juniper Networks
- 50+ hours of voluteering at middle school and homeless service
- Coding boot camps (w/ scholarship)
- Online graphic designer of online teen community, managed social media = Discord and Instagram
- Tutored family for citizenship exam
- High school representative for Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice at D.C.
Top Choice Schools:
- Santa Clara University, Web Design & Engineering [Accepted]
- Reed College, Computer Science [Decision Pending]
- Loyola Marymount University, Computer Engineering [Decision Pending]
- Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, Computer Engineering [Decision Pending]
- UC Irvine, Computer Engineering [Decision Pending]
- UC Davis, Computer Eningeering [Decision Pending]
Lewis & Clark College Major: Computer Science & Mathematics
- I’m not the most competitive applicant being an Asian-American, but I feel that I am solid when it comes to admissions in the context of my situations/surroundings. Feel free to give me feedback on admission to Lewis & Clark College!
Does anyone know when will hear on RD? I thought I saw somewhere it was 3/20?
I believe the official date of response for RD is 4/1, but they may send admission responses earlier.
Actually, according to their Instagram, they’ll be releasing some decisions 3/14 at 6PM!
My daughter received an email this week that The portal would be updated after 6p today.
i saw a compass scholarship hyperllink on my portal. Does this mean I got in?
Daughter was accepted with music scholarship and pioneer scholarship!
My daughter was accepted ED - congrats to any new Pios!
My daughter was accepted EA. We’re from LA and she’s a creative writer, passionate reader, dancer, aerialist, and possible computer science major. She also likes studying languages. She’s also considering Lawrence Univ & Goucher.