Limited Opportunities

<p>Hello Everyone,</p>

<p>I will be applying to any US college as an international student.
I attend an American Curriculum school, yet my school offers no advanced
courses whatsoever. Students are not allowed to make their own schedules; everybody
does the same thing.
Furthermore, I live in a country where women and females in general are not permitted to
start public groups and anything of the like. The society is just too conservative.</p>

<p>DO I HAVE ANY CHANCES AT HARVARD AT ALL?</p>

<p>Thanks :)</p>

<p>Your chances are very slim...I know this girl from Pakistan (all schooling there) who nevertheless got really involved in professional theater as a form of social protest. They love to see people who make it work like that. That said, I don't know for a fact that you haven't. Would you, hypothetically, be able to give a compelling 50-word pitch on why you should be one of the 5/100 applicants whom the admissions office finds interesting enough to accept? If the answer is yes, that's great, apply. If you can't, think harder, and if you still can't, I doubt the admissions office will be able to find a reason to admit you, either.</p>

<p>I think I can write a compelling 50-word piece.
I am not totally boring either, here's what I have till now:</p>

<ul>
<li>was the grammarian at my school's debate club also the member with the highest number of points (freshman year)
-was class prefect (sophomore year)
-played for my school's basketball team (sophomore year)
-my invention was in top rankings at my school science fair (freshman year)
-I participated in the world's largest human pink ribbon for breast cancer (sophomore year)</li>
<li>my paintings were displayed in the school art exhibition</li>
<li>I won a prize for an essay I wrote i.e. Giordano Juniors (that was my eighth-grade year, I don't know if that counts)
-I have been on the honor roll since freshman year.</li>
</ul>

<p>What do you think?</p>

<p>(It was hypothetical because that's not an actual part of the application.)</p>

<p>Those ECs aren't bad, but did they continue past sophomore year? I don't chance, and I won't for anybody, but admission is a long shot for almost anybody. Good luck, though.</p>

<p>I do not want to be chanced, neither do I expect you to chance me.
I was just looking for your perspective on my ECs. Most probably the ECs will continue well into this year. Even if the activities are not exactly the same, I will maintain my strength areas. Once again, thanks for your perspective.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I do not want to be chanced

[/quote]
</p>

<p>
[quote]
DO I HAVE ANY CHANCES AT HARVARD AT ALL?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>????? 10char</p>

<p>My own use of "chances" in my first post has nothing to do with the
chancing you people here on cc often refer to. If you interpret my first post properly,
it is more of a call for help or suggestions for my situation. The second post has SOME of my statistics and I just wanted to know what exultationsy thought of the activities themselves (not anything that has to do with Harvard). I used "Harvard" in my first post for forum members to get a bit of volume as to my question. I posted in this forum in the first place, so that I can have a clearer understanding of my predicament in the light of the ivy league as a whole.</p>