List Of CHEAPEST colleges in the United States... Are they any good?

<p>I am an Egyptian international student who is currently a junior. I have spent the last three years of my life obsessing over what I’m gonna do when I finish high school. Just until recently, I could afford higher education overseas (which is an inevitability for me) because I’m sick of the Middle east, but since my father has lost his job earlier this year, paying fully is not an option anymore. I am a student who is usually swinging somewhere between A and B. I am doing Advanced Level subjects (which is the British equivalent of APs). Earlier in my life, I was delusional enough to want to attend Ivy League but now I realize it’s not what I am destined for and I feel like the careers I am considering (journalism and filmmaking) are best-taught elsewhere anyway. I have shortlisted all American universities that have the three following features:
1 – Halfway decent journalism and filmmaking programs
2 – Extremely generous financial aid to international students (I can barely pay $5000, room and board included)
3 – No SATs or ACT results required.</p>

<p>It came down to these universities:
1- NYUAD and NYUSH
2- Hamilton College
3- Bowdoin College
4- Hampshire College
5- Hobart and William Smith College
6- Bates College
7- Trinity College
8- Kenyon College
9- Connecticut College
10- Gettysburg College
11- Berea College
12- Bryn Mawr College
13- Washington and Lee College
14- Providence College
15- Bennington College
16- Bard College</p>

<p>I have done TOEFL with an outstanding score of 110. Academics aside, my extracurricular activities are as good as they can get. I am Student council president, founder and chairman of school magazine, participated in several government simulations on a university level, work as a Teaching Assistant, dedicated blogger, Director of school musical, and a couple of other things.</p>

<p>My teachers will be more than willing to write me great letters of recommendation,</p>

<p>Am I good enough to get a near full scholarship in one of these institutions?</p>

<p>The list consists of a lot of schools that are not known for giving out a lot of merit aid (scholarships). I think if you’re accepted into Berea, you have everything paid for by working for the school. If you want a better idea of which schools give out non-financial need money to the most students, look up their common data set information. It will tell you the number of freshman who received merit money and the average amount. Without looking up the specifics, I would think Providence would give the most money. You might want to expand your search to some more midwest colleges other than Kenyon. Less competition, more money.</p>

<p>It has been my experience that in order to receive merit aid at most schools you are required to provide the SAT numbers. Best of luck to you.</p>

<p>Why no sat or act</p>

<p>A lot of the schools on your list do not provide merit scholarships at all – only need based and even then I am not sure that they meet need for international students.</p>

<p>You really need to look carefully at each college’s policies.</p>

<p>I agree with Sadilly - look at midwestern LACs for merit - Beloit, Lawrence, Denison, Wooster, Ohio Wesleyan and also some in Pennsylvania.</p>

<p>I can only do one of them. All the universities I am applying to are American. Which one should I do if I need a 70+ % scholarship. My expected SAT score is about 1800 and for my A Levels, I expect two A’s</p>

<p>You should ask this in the international student forum. It is my understanding that while some US universities will admit students with just O levels, most prefer students to complete the A levels if that is what is normal in their country.</p>

<p>You also need to indicate how much you can pay each year in USD. 70+% at a private that costs USD 60k is significantly more than 70+% at an inexpensive public that only costs USD 22k. Which of those would be your target?</p>

<p>[Top</a> 20 cheapest US public universities 2010-11 - China.org.cn](<a href=“http://www.china.org.cn/top10/2012-07/18/content_25943164.htm]Top”>Top 20 cheapest US public universities 2010-11 - China.org.cn)</p>

<p>FWIW, I have never heard of any of these schools. Why are you asking?</p>

<p>was considering applying to them as safety options just in case I fu** up the rest of the applications but after noticing that they’re tenth tier :p, I’d rather just not go to college.</p>

<p>Cheapest does not equal easy to get into.</p>

<p>You need a list of places that are affordable AND also are likely to admit you.</p>

<p>Why go to the cheapest schools, which no one has heard about, when you can get a high ACT/SAT score and get full rides from schools such as Alabama?</p>

<p>Don’t you think it might be better to look at lists that are published directly from the source? You did see that your link is from China, right?</p>