My kid is working on Activities section in an application.
His activites are:
1. School news paper: Editor-in-chief (12th), Business manager (11th, 12th)
News Editor (11th), Staff writer (10th)
2. The school disability group care club: President (12th), Vice-President (11th)
3. Freshmen Mentoring group: Executive board member (12th), Member (11th)
4. Student Council: Member(12th, 11th)),
5. Playing music in Nursing homes (from Freshmen year, every month),
6. Hospital volunteering (150 hours, 2 1/2 years)
Which one should be Included AND also Excluded?
(He will be applying for Humanities/Social science field, Top 10 schools)
He wants to EXCLUDE Hospital Volunteering because He will not apply for Science/Engineering.
But I think “Freshmen mentoring group” does not weigh much because too many student-mentors are doing this activity. (very typical type of activities for filing up an college application form). Also I believe Hospital Volunteering is worth regardless of future majors.
I would like to hear your HONEST opinions! Appreciate it. Thanks