Living in Lincoln

<p>Anyone have experience living in Lincoln? What items might a student need that they might never think of taking?</p>

<p>I live in Lincoln currently, in a double, and I have to say that the amount of things you ought to bring depends heavily on whether you are assigned a double or a quad. Nearly all of the suites of 9-10 have a quad, meaning about half of all freshmen are assigned one. </p>

<p>Living in a quad is bearable, but you will need to be more space-conscious, and leave behind more unessential things. Each closet is about a yard across, so you get two if in a double, and one if in a quad. There are eight drawers per room, so either four or two per person. </p>

<p>I would recommend more storage-type shelving to put on top of the built in bookcase above the desks, or at the base of the closet. Under the bed storage is also a good idea.</p>

<p>Don't bother bringing things like irons, drying racks, or food storage containers/ plastic wrap/ foil. A few microwave-safe dishes are a good idea, but most people use disposable plastic cutlery from the dining halls. Bring very comfortable shoes, including ones for snow and rain. </p>

<p>Having one or two sets of formal clothing is a good idea, but a full suit may not be necessary. </p>

<p>That's all that comes to mind, but I would be happy to answer any further questions.</p>