Looking for a school good in International Relations, Sociology, Psychology, and Law

<p>I’ve always known what I basically wanted to do in the future. I wanted to study, interact with, and help people. Every time I think about learning about the social interactions between people, why people think a certain way, and how people can make the world better, and so on, I feel a great big combustion of happiness. I just feel very excited and hyper. </p>

<p>So, my question to you all, my fellow CCers, is which colleges are known for having the best (undergraduate) programs/courses in International Relations, Political Science (not added b/c title felt too long), Psychology, Sociology, and Law? </p>

<p>Thank you for taking the time to read (and thank you even more, in advance, if you reply with help).</p>

<ul>
<li>HLZ</li>
</ul>

<p>Are you looking for suggestions about where to apply (in which case, you should post some credentials)? Or are you asking simply for the sake of viewing different opinions?</p>

<p>Well no college is going to have an undergraduate program in Law…</p>

<p>Though there are some schools that allow their undergraduates to enroll in courses in their graduate Law schools. The University of Pennsylvania is probably the best of the schools that regularly allows and even encourages this.</p>

<p>Penn is also great for undergrads in psych, sociology, and poli sci and IR (IR department is near and dear to my heart). I’m pretty sure psych and sociology are top-10 departments. Penn’s mantra is interdisciplinary studies and they love people like you who want to criss-cross academic boundaries so much that they don’t even exist anymore :)</p>

<p>But what are your stats?</p>

<p>Check out Claremont Mckenna. It has strong programs in all those areas, including Legal Studies, from a liberal arts perspective. My son graduated with a double major in Psych & Legal Studies, and wrote his senior thesis on a forensic psych subject and did a psychology internship in a public defender’s office working on capital cases.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>The University of Chicago cross-lists about 30 Law School courses with the College, allowing undergrads to take those courses as regular undergrad courses. In addition, they have a standard procedure for undergrads to petition in to other law schools courses. </p>

<p>[The</a> University of Chicago College](<a href=“http://www.college.uchicago.edu/academics/grad_prof_law.shtml]The”>http://www.college.uchicago.edu/academics/grad_prof_law.shtml)</p>

<p>In addition to its extraordinary law school (#6 US News), Chicago is also very strong in poli sci (#11 US News grad rankings), international politics (#7 US News), and sociology (#5 US News); a little less so but still highly respectable in psych (#23 US News). A very strong contender given the OP’s criteria.</p>

<p>Georgetown, Tufts</p>

<p>Haha, I’ve still got 2 years to build up my stats, so I don’t want to look at colleges based on them (I’m going to weed out colleges that don’t fit me during my Junior year). </p>

<p>Thanks to college help and SpiritManager for telling me colleges that I don’t have on my ‘list’! To SpiritManager: I wasn’t even considering a liberal arts college! Thanks for opening up my eyes. </p>

<p>Thanks to bclintonk for the stats! =) Must have took some time. Thanks for the new info, too. </p>

<p>Thanks to Ilovebagles for the personal opinion + the info that the University of Pennsylvania likes interdisciplinary studies. I did not know that at all. =) </p>

<p>To wittywonka: I’m just trying to find schools.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>God I hate Penn Admissions marketing…could they be any less competent?</p>

<p>I actually feel the same way, bagels. Looking back now I should have applied to penn! a lot about it is really appealing, but none of the cool stuff was in their propaganda!</p>

<p>Your criteria are far too vague. Many schools, from Stanford to Duke to Berkeley to UNC, are excellent in those areas – and they’re all quite different. </p>

<ul>
<li>Which part of the country (Midwest, Southeast, etc.)?</li>
<li>Public or private?</li>
<li>Coed or single-sex?</li>
<li>Rural, suburban, or urban?</li>
<li>Small (< 2000), medium (2000-10000), or large (10000+)?</li>
<li>Is cost an issue?</li>
<li>Do you want certain extracurricular activities, like a fencing team?</li>
<li>Popular Greek life or no Greek life?</li>
<li>Do you have special needs (LD, physically disabled, etc.)?</li>
</ul>

<p>My criteria are vague because I don’t really mind about where it is, and what it has. </p>

<p>But I’ll do it anyways.</p>

<p>Must have:
A swimming pool that is accessible ALL THE TIME
Model United Nations (that freshmen can join) </p>

<p>I prefer:
East coast/colder temperature throughout year
Little to none Greek life
Suburban or Urban
School that doesn’t seem to daunting to a 3.3 GPA student. </p>

<p>Special needs:
My brother says that I have ADD, because he has it and he says that it’s hereditary. I’m going to go check for it in a couple of weeks. </p>

<p>I don’t care if it’s public or private. Cost isn’t an issue. I also don’t care if it’s co-ed or single-sex (if it’s single-sex, it has to be an all-girls school).</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>arghghghghhhhgghgh!!!</p>

<p>Not like I would have gotten in haha</p>