First time posting. Hope I’m doing it right.
We are working on college research for my son, a rising senior. Looking for suggestions for his specific situation:
- Thinks he wants engineering, but prefers a small or mid-sized school (or if bigger, one known for smaller class sizes). Ideally not a big state school.
- Not likely interested in the 3/2 programs, as he doesn’t like the idea of transferring out his senior year
- We think he’s actually more of a liberal-arts kid and may switch majors in the end…so we are steering him away from the more “tech” institutes that focus mostly on stem.
- Likely needs at least 30% acceptance rate, maybe 50%+ I think?
- 1450 SAT, 3.7 unweighted GPA. Good APs, but average extracurriculars.
- American but we live in Asia for his dad’s work…so he will be in the international pile which seems to make things more competitive
- Willing to look anywhere in the US although prefers not deep south if possible, as he’s tired of heat and humidity
Here is what we’ve found so far. Obviously the first few are clear reaches. Looking for suggestions for any we may be missing that fit his criteria.
University of Rochester
[not sure re: Union through Bucknell; worries too Greek]
University of San Diego
Santa Clara University
Any advice or insights re: any of the above appreciate. Thanks!