Hey everyone!! Just your average stressed out junior looking for more schools to apply to. Here’s some info:
HS grad year: 2022
State of Residency: Wisconsin
Intended Major: Computer Science
- Course difficulty: pretty good, I’ll have taken 12 AP’s by senior year including 2 AP Comp Sci classes which I’ve done well in
- ACT: 34
- GPA: Our school only gives us our weighted (4.39) but my unweighted is around a 4 if I calculated it right
- EC’s: not bad but nothing super outstanding either, I’ve done a few EC’s related to my major along with other clubs/sports and I’m working on coding some websites and little side projects like that but I haven’t cured cancer or anything
What I’m looking for:
- I love the mountains and the outdoors!! Hammocking, hiking, roadtrips, etc are my favorite. So I’d love a college near mountains (or nature in general). However, it isn’t really a dealbreaker for me if I don’t go to school near mountains; I can always move there after college. But I do really want a beautiful campus. Ideally moderate weather but that’s also not a dealbreaker (I’m from Wisconsin so I’m used to pretty terrible weather)
- Good academics are obviously important, but honestly from what I’ve heard a Comp Sci degree is pretty employable, and I’m sure I’ll find a job and be fine with a degree from just about anywhere. That said, it is important to me that the school has decent connections/support for students after grad.
- I’m looking to make quality friendships, so schools with a really supportive student body and genuine people are awesome. Not a huge partier but also not against it. I’m not really interested in Greek life, and honestly if a school’s social life is primarily based on Greek life it’s kind of a dealbreaker. My ideal school would be really easy to make close friends at (I’m not super shy but a little awkward lol) and just overall have a really nice environment.
- Budget: My dad owns apartments so he doesn’t have a set salary, but I am definitely upper middle class so probably won’t qualify for much financial aid unfortunately. My parents could probably pay between 20-35k a year, which is kind of tight especially for OOS or private schools. So schools that give a lot of merit aid would be cool!!
- I’m really looking for matches/safeties here, as I already have a long list of reaches lol (ND, Rice, Colorado College, UNC, Northwestern, etc).
- So far for safeties I have UW-Madison, App State, UVM, and Virginia Tech, but any more suggestions would be appreciated!!
Thank you so much for any help!! Hope this wasn’t too long:)