Low SSAT score (1935)-will it hurt my chance ?

<p>Hi,my name is Nicole Nguyen.I am 14 years old (current grade 8) and from Viet Nam.I took the SSAT on Jan 7th and I have received the score report.The total is 1935-and I know it seems to be very LOW.Here is the details:</p>

<p>Verbal Score 575
Math Score 746
Reading Score 614</p>

<p>I will apply the Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School and Emma Willard.I'm afraid that my SSAT score will hurt my chance so much.What do you think about it ?</p>

<p>P/s:My GPA last year was 8.9/10;and I have got some certificates in some competitions.I also need Financial Aid too</p>

<p>Thanks a lot !
Nicole Nguyen ~</p>

<p>And some more:I have took part in my class's MAGAZINE MAKER,CHOIR,join the ENVIRONMENT PROJECT of British Council,and got a 40% busaries of a boarding school in UK.I got the bronze medal in the Maths Compeition of my city,Golden medal in the National English Olympic (in my 5th grade).Draw (9 years),Computer Design (1 years),Photography (4 months :| )</p>

<p>Overall percentile?</p>

<p>And don't use your real name as your username. Should keep it confidential. I'm Vietnamese too but I pretend I'm from Bangladesh all the time!</p>

<p>Well,overall percentile is 38% :(
Uhm,I dont know it.I just make a nick and dont care about it anymore :)</p>

<p>Pls tell me smt about this ! The deadline is Feb 15th and I really worry about it</p>

<p>Short answer? Yes. The test works as a partial indicator of how rigorous your studies are currently, backing up or refuting your transcript. It seems like you have enough rewards to even out this dent in your chances so I wouldn't worry too much. Hope this helps!</p>

<p><em>Totally Out Of Context</em></p>

<p>OMG ! Any relation to Luke Nguyen ? The food person ? :O</p>

<p>@jojoy3:Sorry but no =))
Anymore about my prob ?</p>

<p>
[quote]
I just make a nick and dont care about it anymore

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Well, I don't know about your SSAT score hurting your chances, but that certainly will! And I'm not just talking about your chances of getting into prep school.</p>

<p>But if you're going to be using CC, at least read this first:</p>

<p>If</a> you're new to CC, please read before posting</p>

<p>Ok.Thank you !</p>

<p>Anyone help me ? :(
P/s:Plz notice that I am applying Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School.Has anyone here gone to there ?</p>

<p>I just wanted to say the school looks like a really nice school. The SSAT average for admittance is 50% so I think your scores are okay..best of luck to you.</p>

<p>Thank you ! I like this school so much so I'm really nervous about my SSAT :(</p>

<p>Help me :((</p>

<p>No one can speak for the school, wait until March 10 and you will know.</p>

<p>I agree, good luck on everything.</p>

<p>Hi
I am a 8 grade male student who took the January SSAT test.
Scores are:
Verbal 46%
Math 89%
Reading 78%
Total 75%
I have applied to Deerfield Academy, Peddie School, Williston Northampton School, Cranrbook School, and Northfield Mount Hermon School.
Is my test score reasonable to compete for which of the following?
My interviews was good and my essays are pretty good too.</p>

<p>Make a thread pls :)
But your SSAT score,uhm,with Deerfield is pretty low for sure :(</p>

<p>Hi, What do you mean by make a thread pls?
Thank you</p>

<p>NicoleNguyen means that she does not want to share this thread. Posting your stats and asking for a chance on another's thread is usually considered hijacking a thread.</p>

<p>BTW....low chance Deerfield. Possibly in the running for the others, but not enough information given. GL. M10 is not far way.</p>