LSU - OOS merit? [Grade 12, 3.79 UW GPA, NC resident]

Curious if you think I have a shot at acceptance and merit at LSU. I would love to go, but need merit to offset the OSS vs IS prices. I applied today! Let me know your thoughts. . . .

No Test - not a good test taker, sadly

GPA 3.79 / 4.22

High Rigor -

  • 14 classes that were honors and AP

  • 9 Dual Enrollment Classes (29 hours)

Good Essay 9/10

North Carolina Resident - public high school

Acceptance may not be a problem but getting award merit aid might be.

Applicants whose cumulative, weighted high school GPA is a 3.5 or higher has the option to include ACT or SAT scores for admission and merit-based scholarship consideration.

LSU may prefer test scores for merit-based scholarship consideration.

If you don’t submit, they will base their decisions solely on your record, essay, recommendations, etc.

I think you have a good shot at acceptance and a merit scholarship. Their merit scholarships for OOS start at 13K. The gap between in-state and OOS tuition is $16,676.

Apply and see. And the app will be easy. But they need to be competitive cost wise to get you to come from out of state so it’s where they’d use merit.

But you can apply and see. It’s low cost regardless, relative to other schools.

What was your test score?

Anyway, take a shot - and you can evaluate after. But if your rigor is good through all core areas, it’d be worth the app for sure.

The link that @Rivers4 provided also gave a recommended score cutoff to decide whether to submit your test or not.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer, 13k is what I am hoping for.